How many 1st level Fighers can an 11th Level Fighter Kill? - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Quote Originally Posted by Sword of Spirit View Post
    To see how they would fair against an assumed group of soldiers or guards, use the actual guard stat block in the game (since actual fighters are more powerful) maybe giving one of them max hp as the leader. To shake it up more, throw in a veteran as a leader.
    YES the number of fighters is not even interesting to me

Member SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    No, shields are fineyou just can't use a weapon in the other hand. This was covered in Sage Advice.
    Huh, that's weird. Could have sworn...hmm, well I stand corrected. Dueling fighting style is a fair bit better than I thought.
    Please check out my D&D 5E content and original TTRPGs ON PATREON: DRAGONS IN DUNGEONS.
    If you like vampires and dislike Twilight consider checking out my debut horror novel, Vampires Will Never Hurt You. (The title is very sarcastic.)
    My old games are available here: End Transmission Games.
    Last and least: I blather on about TTRPGs and whatever else crosses my mind as @GMRickSanchez on Twitter.
    XP Satyrn gave XP for this post

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Great stuff here. Would absolutely love to see the simulation using an 11th level wizard at the center.
    Also curious as to how a 20th level fighter fares. Im guessing they could handle at least 30 on average.

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Quote Originally Posted by OB1 View Post
    Great stuff here. Would absolutely love to see the simulation using an 11th level wizard at the center.
    Melee or ranged? And wouldn't any group of mooks just grapple the wizard? Who would be dumb enough to let him get off more than one fireball etc?

Titan (Lvl 27)

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Melee or ranged? And wouldn't any group of mooks just grapple the wizard? Who would be dumb enough to let him get off more than one fireball etc?
    Grabbing just keeps you from running away in 5e, they'd have to immobilize both his hands if the spell had S components, or gag him to stop V components, but those aren't things the Grappled condition covers.
    There's no OA for casting in melee and no reduction in effectiveness unless the spell attacks AC.

5e doesn't evoke the classic game in /all/ instances. ;(
    Last edited by Tony Vargas; Wednesday, 19th June, 2019 at 11:00 PM.

Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Since the topic seems popular, I wanted to do more scenarios, such as wizards vs wizards. Its a a greater challenge to assess for sure.
    XP LordEntrails gave XP for this post

Titan (Lvl 27)

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker0 View Post
    Since the topic seems popular, I wanted to do more scenarios, such as wizards vs wizards. Its a a greater challenge to assess for sure.
    To start with, try the visiting alumni vs the graduating class, but, for the sake of simplicity - almost as simple as the mob of fighters vs the champion - limit everyone to just casting Magic Missile. See how that goes.

...then add shield...

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Quote Originally Posted by Gladius Legis View Post
    True, although in the Paladin's case he's got Aura of Protection CHA bonus to the CON save to partially make up for that.
    Excellent point! I had forgotten about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Vargas View Post
    To start with, try the visiting alumni vs the graduating class, but, for the sake of simplicity - almost as simple as the mob of fighters vs the champion - limit everyone to just casting Magic Missile. See how that goes.

...then add shield...
    I did a 1st-level Fighter vs a 1st-level Wizard before. If I recall correctly, the Wizard has the edge. I will look around to see if I can find the file... it was months ago.

As far as other scenarios go, I can do most of them if we keep the parameters at least slightly simple. If you have a request, let me know and I'll get to them when I can.

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Quote Originally Posted by OB1 View Post
    Also curious as to how a 20th level fighter fares. Im guessing they could handle at least 30 on average.
    I did this quickly, so I am not sure I got all the improvements from 11th to 20th, but if I did the average is roughly 24.78 with SD of about 5.44 for 100,000 simulations (this is without flanking).

Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Quote Originally Posted by dnd4vr View Post
    I did this quickly, so I am not sure I got all the improvements from 11th to 20th, but if I did the average is roughly 24.78 with SD of about 5.44 for 100,000 simulations (this is without flanking).
    The big stuff:

1) 20 con, so more hp, on top of more hp!
    2) Slightly higher crit modifier
    3) +2 more attack, and one extra attack every round.
    4) The big one....heals 10 damage every round once at half. That is by far the biggest factor I'm sure. I would also assume that he saves his second wind until much later to milk this advantage.
    5) One more action surge.