Missing Battle Master Manuevers

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Field Medicine - Expend 1 SD and make a DC10 Wisdom (Medicine) check on a successful check you heal a creature within 5ft of you 1d6 + SD damage.

I know some people do not like martial healing but to be honest I do not care. My main issue is how this should scale, should it allow the expenditure of multiple dice on the one use?

Enabling a combat medic style could be pretty cool. Balance on the ability could be a little tricky. Easiest way would be to limit the ability to once a day per ally similar to the healer feat. IMO

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
...and I am not even sure it's a good idea to do it by means of grabbing various abilities from other magical classes or existing feats for a Battle Master. Just put out a Warlord.

I see a lot of difference between adding some more BM maneuvers and creating a Warlord.

I'm onboard for the concept of a few more maneuvers that simulate fightery tricks and skills.

FrogReaver

One thing I do when I try to come up with maneuvers is I try to create 2-3 that work toward a specific theme. Like Defender or reckless attacker or skirmisher etc. I'm not as interested in just adding a bunch of willy nilly manuevers. I would want them to enable the battlemaster to perform combat roles he otherwise doesn't do very well.

FrogReaver

I bought a supplement that had some new manoeuvres, including warlord ones. I've also seen advanced manoeuvres that cost two dice but are full of awesome.

I think multi dice manuevers could have had alot of potential. Though they are not so much what I'm looking for here.

Stalker0

Legend
A "study your enemy" kind of maneuver.

Choose one enemy. Gain +1 to attack and damage against this opponent for every round you have been in combat with him, but no higher than your int modifier. The bonus last for 1 minute.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I would probably have a look at the fighter and warlord in 4e for ideas, paragon paths might have certain manoeuvres that highlight the theme of the path which might provide inspiration. 3e prestige classes might also be good for inspiration.

A manoeuvre that might be quite good is:

Battle Ready. Expend a superiority die when rolling initiative and add it to your total.

I'm not sure that is powerful enough to use one of your limited manoeuvre choices on though. Maybe if it was expanded to the whole party or a number equal to some ability modifier?

For a brutish kind of battlemaster, you could take something from the great weapon feat which triggers when you kill an enemy.

Brutal Follow Through. When you reduce an enemy to 0 hit points, expend a superiority die and use your bonus action to make an attack against another enemy within range. If you hit, add the die roll to your damage.

I did like those early UA fighter subclasses that took superiority dice and focused them towards a theme, I might look at some paragon paths and prestige classes to see if anything springs to mind for some cool manoeuvres.

Last edited:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
If I'm not running 5e under AL, I see no reason to opt into feats, myself.

I’m way on the other end. I’d rather give an extra +1 to every stat every time you take a feat at an ASI level than run or play without feats.

I also add a bonus feat at level 1, and somewhere after level 11 when things start to get epic. The epic feat is generally custom, and balanced roughly against the deep gnome and drow magic feats.

Edit: point was supposed to be that new class feature options should work in your game or mine.

FrogReaver

I would probably have a look at the fighter and warlord in 4e for ideas, paragon paths might have certain manoeuvres that highlight the theme of the path which might provide inspiration. 3e prestige classes might also be good for inspiration.

A manoeuvre that might be quite good is:

Battle Ready. Expend a superiority die when rolling initiative and add it to your total.

I'm not sure that is powerful enough to use one of your limited manoeuvre choices on though. Maybe if it was expanded to the whole party or a number equal to some ability modifier?

For a brutish kind of battlemaster, you could take something from the great weapon feat which triggers when you kill an enemy.

Brutal Follow Through. When you reduce an enemy to 0 hit points, expend a superiority die and use your bonus action to make an attack against another enemy within range. If you hit, add the die roll to your damage.

I did like those early UA fighter subclasses that took superiority dice and focused them towards a theme, I might look at some paragon paths and prestige classes to see if anything springs to mind for some cool manoeuvres.

The initiative boost maneuver is cool. It's very fitting for a number of fighter styles, lucky, intelligent, extremely dexterous.

The brutal follow through would be good for a reckless fighter concept. Something that exchanges defense for offense. It would synergize real nice with that.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases