Missing Battle Master Manuevers

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I’d want to see:

Lead The Charge. When you hit with an attack during a turn in which you’ve moved X feet toward the target, spend SD and add it to the damage, and your allies within X feet can immediately move up to half their speed as a Reaction.
This is similar to Manuevering Strike, but gives multiple allies movement, and doesn’t save them from OAs.

Deceptive Strike (WIP name). When you hit with an attack, you can spend SD and add it to damage, and you gain advantage on your next attempt to grapple, trip, or shove, the target, before the end of your turn.
You’re leading them into overextending so you can lock them down, in classic longsword fighting tradition.

Shield Breaker Strike. [normal SD stuff] and they make a save or suffer a penalty to AC until their next turn equal to the die result? Half the result? Your proficiency bonus? The number 3? Idk, you get the idea. Point is it doesn’t add damage but does stack with Advantage.

Id also add some oddballs that spend SD instead of making at Attack as part of the Attack Action to do something else like make an Athletics or Acrobatics check, move half your speed, try to break a grapple, etc. add the SD result to the check, or to the movement, or whatever.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I think if I was going to make Come and Get it into a battlemaster manoeuvre that I would use the idea of spending more than a single superiority die mentioned earlier in this thread

The idea was rather popular during the play testing if I recall. Another cost that we see in 5e is forgoing an attack ie conglomerating an attack it could take 2 of your attacks. You proabably do not do anything but this on your turn... without an action surge or something (maybe ok at really high level to do another attack)

since the effects of the power is considerably more powerful than the manoeuvres in the book, it's essentially a multi-target version combining the effects of goading attack, pushing attack (or in this case, pull), and sweeping attack. At the very least, that seems like it would require spending 3 dice to end up with something like:

Come and Get it!
Expend 3 superiority dice. Each hostile creature within 15 feet must make a Wisdom saving throw or move 10 feet towards you, they have disadvantage to attack anyone other than you until the end of your next turn. Make melee weapon attack. Any targets that are adjacent to you, that your attack succeeds on hitting, take damage equal to the result of the 3 expended superiority dice.

Wording could perhaps be more refined, and it does chew through the dice, but this effectively combines the 3 manoeuvres into something resembling Come and Get it.

I would estimate you shouldn't be able to do it till 5e level 8 in 5e Maneuvers do not have that kind of limit on them though. The fighter while able to do 2 other encounter attacks in 4e at the stage that they have his they would be lesser ones.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
The idea was rather popular during the play testing if I recall. Another cost that we see in 5e is forgoing an attack ie conglomerating an attack it could take 2 of your attacks. You proabably do not do anything but this on your turn... without an action surge or something (maybe ok at really high level to do another attack)

I would estimate you shouldn't be able to do it till 5e level 8 in 5e Maneuvers do not have that kind of limit on them though. The fighter while able to do 2 other encounter attacks in 4e at the stage that they have his they would be lesser ones.

Since 5e doesn't limit them by level, it kind of works when you require more dice for a maneuver. With Come and Get It costing 3 dice, that means that a battlemaster at level 7 would be able to perform this manoeuvre and 2 more single die cost manoeuvres between short rests.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Since 5e doesn't limit them by level, it kind of works when you require more dice for a maneuver. With Come and Get It costing 3 dice, that means that a battlemaster at level 7 would be able to perform this manoeuvre and 2 more single die cost manoeuvres between short rests.

Sure kind of but then the 4e fighter also had a daily in there.

I think mayhaps the fighter needs more superiority dice to do the multi-dice cost trick.

Or another resource like heroic surge to do daily class maneuvers with.

Tony Vargas

Legend
Or another resource like heroic surge to do daily class maneuvers with.
Consuming Action Surge - which a 5e Fighter in a standard/assumed 6-8 encounter/2-3 Short rest day would get to use about as often as a 4e daily* - might make sense, to activate a more powerful mmaneuver.

That or multiple dice, though hilights the problem with not level-gating maneuvers in the first place: all BM maneuvers must be 3rd-level appropriate abilities, so getting your 4th&lower priority choices at higher level is really underwhelming.

* 3 dailies @10+, 4@20+, prettymuch regardless of class.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Consuming Action Surge - which a 5e Fighter in a standard/assumed 6-8 encounter/2-3 Short rest day would get to use about as often as a 4e daily* - might make sense, to activate a more powerful mmaneuver.

That or multiple dice, though hilights the problem with not level-gating maneuvers in the first place: all BM maneuvers must be 3rd-level appropriate abilities, so getting your 4th&lower priority choices at higher level is really underwhelming.

* 3 dailies @10+, 4@20+, prettymuch regardless of class.

I did indeed think of Action surge after typing the above

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases