5E best DDAL storylines for a home mini-campaign?
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

best DDAL storylines for a home mini-campaign?

I recently posted that I may be starting a new campaign for a group of inexperienced yet highly enthusiastic players. I want to keep things relatively simple at the start and prep relatively low. I've been looking at some of the WotC offerings other than LMoP (which I really like but want to run something different this time) like Saltmarsh and Dragon Heist. Saltmarsh is still in the running but I've ruled out Dragon Heist.

Anyway, I've heard really good things about the Tier 1 STK/DDAL05 series that string together to form a mini-campaign. I have started reading them and I really like what I see so far.

While prepping for CoS, I read the DDAL04 modules and while I like the overall story, some require a LOT of work. I also want a more standard for a group of new players.

So my question is are there any other Tier 1 AL modules/story lines that string together to form a good mini-campaign? I've never played in AL, and I know a lot of the modules can be hit or miss, but I really like that they are written to be short sessions that can be strung together with (ideally) minimal prep in advance.

Thanks!

Superhero (Lvl 15)

I'm looking forward to the new essentials boxed set coming out soon. It takers place around Phandalin again. There are also more Phandalin modules on DMsGuild that follow up LMoP.

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

My experience running the tier one adventures from AL Season 5 as a home campaign, with a few other one-shots mixed in:
    https://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...n-5-without-AL

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Quote Originally Posted by Burnside View Post
    My experience running the tier one adventures from AL Season 5 as a home campaign, with a few other one-shots mixed in:
    https://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...n-5-without-AL
    Awesome, thanks! I'm definitely going to check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by aco175
    I'm looking forward to the new essentials boxed set coming out soon. It takers place around Phandalin again. There are also more Phandalin modules on DMsGuild that follow up LMoP.
    That sounds good but did you read my post? I specifically don't want to run LMoP. I just finished running it for another group and want to DM something different.

I've heard good things about some of the Elemental Evil/DDEX2 modules but don't know much about them. Do they form a continuing story line?

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Quote Originally Posted by GlassJaw View Post
    That sounds good but did you read my post? I specifically don't want to run LMoP. I just finished running it for another group and want to DM something different.
    The adventure in the Essentials box set is not LMoP, it just takes place in the same area.

Superhero (Lvl 15)

@pukunui has been running season 1 of the AL adventures as a campaign; maybe he'll weigh in on how that's going. He started a thread about it a while ago, which also has some feedback from board members on suggested seasons to run:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthr...-home-campaign
    XP pukunui gave XP for this post

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Quote Originally Posted by GlassJaw View Post
    Anyway, I've heard really good things about the Tier 1 STK/DDAL05 series that string together to form a mini-campaign. I have started reading them and I really like what I see so far.
    I came in here to suggest exactly that. IMO, cream of the crop for DDAL.

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

This isn't quite the answer to your question, but I did use several AL adventures from Waterdeep to integrate all 4 villains in Dragon Heist into one campaign.

That way I was able to have the party raid each villains lair in one bigger adventure string.