DDAL best DDAL storylines for a home mini-campaign?

GlassJaw

Hero
I recently posted that I may be starting a new campaign for a group of inexperienced yet highly enthusiastic players. I want to keep things relatively simple at the start and prep relatively low. I've been looking at some of the WotC offerings other than LMoP (which I really like but want to run something different this time) like Saltmarsh and Dragon Heist. Saltmarsh is still in the running but I've ruled out Dragon Heist.

Anyway, I've heard really good things about the Tier 1 STK/DDAL05 series that string together to form a mini-campaign. I have started reading them and I really like what I see so far.

While prepping for CoS, I read the DDAL04 modules and while I like the overall story, some require a LOT of work. I also want a more standard for a group of new players.

So my question is are there any other Tier 1 AL modules/story lines that string together to form a good mini-campaign? I've never played in AL, and I know a lot of the modules can be hit or miss, but I really like that they are written to be short sessions that can be strung together with (ideally) minimal prep in advance.

Thanks!

aco175

Legend
I'm looking forward to the new essentials boxed set coming out soon. It takers place around Phandalin again. There are also more Phandalin modules on DMsGuild that follow up LMoP.

GlassJaw

Hero
My experience running the tier one adventures from AL Season 5 as a home campaign, with a few other one-shots mixed in:
https://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?587283-AL-Season-5-without-AL

Awesome, thanks! I'm definitely going to check this out.

aco175 said:
I'm looking forward to the new essentials boxed set coming out soon. It takers place around Phandalin again. There are also more Phandalin modules on DMsGuild that follow up LMoP.

That sounds good but did you read my post? I specifically don't want to run LMoP. I just finished running it for another group and want to DM something different.

I've heard good things about some of the Elemental Evil/DDEX2 modules but don't know much about them. Do they form a continuing story line?

pogre

Legend
Anyway, I've heard really good things about the Tier 1 STK/DDAL05 series that string together to form a mini-campaign. I have started reading them and I really like what I see so far.

I came in here to suggest exactly that. IMO, cream of the crop for DDAL.

Urriak

Explorer
This isn't quite the answer to your question, but I did use several AL adventures from Waterdeep to integrate all 4 villains in Dragon Heist into one campaign.

That way I was able to have the party raid each villains lair in one bigger adventure string.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases