D&D 5E Dragon + Issue 26 is out

gyor

Legend
I noticed that in one of the posters Zariel looks like an Asura instead of a devil or angel.

Last edited:

lkj

Hero
I noticed that in one of the posters Zariel looks like an Asura instead of a devil or angel.

Interesting. Which image? And when you say 'asura' are you specifically referring to the Hindu adversaries of the Devas (and often sort of demonic in temperament). Or is there another popular context I'm not aware of?

Adrian

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
Interesting. Which image? And when you say 'asura' are you specifically referring to the Hindu adversaries of the Devas (and often sort of demonic in temperament). Or is there another popular context I'm not aware of?

Adrian

D&D monster type. Borrows the name from Hindu texts.

If I recall correctly, D&D Asuras had flaming wings and bird feet. I think they were CN with good tendencies or CG (although most of the descriptions leaned towards CN with good tendencies).

lkj

Hero
Sigh. I really dislike the format of Dragon+. Is it possible to download them as PDFs?

Not that I'm aware of. They offer it on their Android and iOS apps. But the format is basically the same except that you can swipe through pages with your finger. Maybe someone else knows a trick for saving the whole thing as a pdf. But it's not obvious to me.

AD

gyor

Legend
Sigh. I really dislike the format of Dragon+. Is it possible to download them as PDFs?

I wish they'd publish them as PDFs, you can even have hyperlinks in PDFs. The APP is awesome, works slowly, takes up way too much space on my phone.

gyor

Legend

Adrian

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Asura

In Hinduisms while at times it can refer to evil spirits, it's abit more complicated then that. For example I think the Rig Veda references the Indra as an Asura, and that was written back when Indra was a lot more popular then he is now.

Asuras is D&D are basically similar to Angels, but more Chaotic to the Angels Lawful inclinations,
serving Gods of Good (and some times Chaos). They see Devas as rivals.

There were a type of more powerful Asuras I believe and at the top an Asura general.

I could see WotC merging the Asura into Angels, a type based on the passions of a God, where Devas would be the thoughts of a God

It's be an interesting twist if instead of a Solar, Planetar, or Deva, Zariel was a Asura Angel, so falling from not just good to evil, but from choas to lawful as well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases