The urban fantasy market seems awfully stagnant

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

The foundation of animism is “magical thinking,” or the belief that your thoughts can alter reality.

Animism is the idea that material phenomena have agency. Your thoughts don't directly alter reality when reality has a mind of its own.

Animism is more typified by... being able to convince the spirits to act upon your behalf or to leave you alone. It less about exerting your will upon the world, or that certain actions or thoughts have results with no clear mode of action - it is more about coming to an agreement (via negotiation, flattery, or intimidation) with particular parts of the world.

Not that animism is just one thing, mind you. But if we have to make generalizations.

Last edited:

aramis erak

Legend
If I were your GM I would have had White Court vamps just dripping with mockery every time you showed up anywhere they could remotely be.

You're one of the cool, beautiful psychic vampires and you choose to own a game store? And feed off people showing up to buy Magic cards every week? Sure you might have power, but at what cost? AT WHAT COST??? Even the guys feeding off the strung out junkies who are borderline OD-ing on meth would sneer at your choices :)

Not even owner. Just manager.

There is an awful lot of suppressed rage and frustration swirling around most game stores. Sounds tasty to me.;)

Not just a game store, a Games Workshop Store. Where obsessed fanboys come to be bled of their money.

Remove ads