D&D General The perfect D&D edition (according to ENWORLD)

Sacrosanct

Legend
Gah.

I completely agree with you.

This is the thing I don't understand, at all. The fetishization of RAW.

D&D was always a DIY, "rules are guidelines, not commands" game. You would mix and match official product, semi-official product, 3PP, and homebrew. It was all good.

I can certainly appreciate wanting more from WoTC- after all, now that I am older (OLD!) and do not have infinite amounts of time, I can't just create my own psionics systems from scratch like I used to.

But the heart of D&D always was a beating punk aesthetic.

...and now? People just wanna be sedated.

Just look at that horrible Druid thread.

“RAW druids can wear metal armor if they want!”
“No, the rules actually say they can’t/won’t depending on edition. If you want that, talk with your DM and change it.”
“No! EVERYONE can have their Druid wear it, and if you refuse, you’re a tyrant DM stealing my player agency!”

It’s not that DnD is against changing rules to fit your table. It’s when people want to change rules and force everyone else to their desire that causes problems. Rules are important because they set up a shared experience. But if your PERSONAL table disagrees on a rule, change it to your heart’s content. That’s how the game has always been. We as gamers have a choice when we encounter a rule we might not like: we can change it and move on, or we can refuse to play. Both are valid. But demanding everyone else agree with us and our interpretation be canon? That’s entitlement. IMO anyway.

Tony Vargas

Legend
Just look at that horrible Druid thread.

“RAW druids can wear metal armor if they want!”
No, RAW druids are even more fanatical than VEGAN Druids - they don't wear metal, leather, nor even plant-fiber* armor. Not because they can't, but because they WON'T... and the lack of B-12 doesn't help, either.

* yeah, that's a reference, good luck with it.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
This makes me think that a druid spell in which the caster's rage toward metal armor makes said armor explode. Some kind of greater heat metal.

Balance of Nature
Level 6
1 Action
15 feet single target
You focus your druidic natural hatred toward metal armor in a single item. As an action, choose a nonmagical suit of metal armor worn by one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. That creature must succeed on a Constitution saving throw, or the creature's AC becomes 10 + its Dexterity modifier until repaired. The target and all creatures within 5' of it takes 3d10 fire damage due to the explosion of the armor.

G

Guest 6801328

The only reason druids are pasteurized today is because of intense lobbying from corporations that wanted to tend groves of trees on an industrial scale.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases