D&D 5E Which kind of D&D content, created and published on Patreon, are you most likely to support?

Which would you give $ to a Patreon for?

• Monsters

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Magic Items

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Spells

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Subclasses

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • NPCs

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Dungeons/Adventures/Scenarios

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • Other (Please Explain)

Votes: 16 37.2%

• Poll closed .

aramis erak

Legend
I voted other...

I wouldn't spend anything on 3rd party materials for D&D.

I'm reticent about patreon overall.

I'm reticent to buy 3rd party products in general.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
I'm a big fan of En5ider because of the generally high quality of the content.

For a long time I also backed Elven Tower. It has very high-quality maps, and a mini-adventure for each map, and I eat that stuff up. Unfortunately, I am poor now, and I have enough of that stuff to last a lifetime at this point, so I had to cancel that subscription. But it was definitely worth it, and I hope lots of other people continue to support Elven Tower.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
IME, most people balance player options for their limited experience, no matter how much they intend otherwise. For that reason, I'm not interested in paying for anything in that vien that isn't heavily vetted by playtesting with a broad base. My games vary too much in numbers, style, and tone, and I hate multiple sets of allowed homebrew and houserules for different campaigns.

So, that said, I'd love to support NPCs, gaming aids, dungeon dressing (bookcases, chests, doors, tables, etc), MAPS, flash fic/vignettes exploring locales and scenarios and factions, etc, NPCs, common magic items of no particular power, encounters (adventures are cool, but I only grab them to loot their encounters/locales/basic hooks/factions/NPCs and place them where I need them), and other such support material.

The only player options I'm interested in is stuff like simple and useful systems for inventing, alchemical items, and other expansions of the mundane and semi-mundane adventuring gear and group resource stuff (like airships), that wotc doesn't really support at all.

ParanoydStyle

Peace Among Worlds
So, discounting temporarily the various and diverse "Other" responses, "Monsters" (which to my mind includes NPCs even though I made them separate categories in the poll because I guess my mind was not my mind then? weird) seem to be the most sought after content thus far. This is good because monsters are the kind of content I've already in the groove of making.

Again I want to thank everyone for your responses which have been very educational.
[MENTION=6704184]doctorbadwolf[/MENTION], I'm not fortunate enough to be running as many games as you, I've just got the one and even that just started, but I think I feel exactly the same way you do about player options and homebrew content.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I backed an adventure creator. Basically for $1 (then $2) a month, you got an adventure.

(Actually stopped because for some reason, he insisted on using the highest res stock art possible, causing his 10-12 page adventures to be 100 megabytes or more, and I just didn't have enough room on my tablet for that.

ParanoydStyle

Peace Among Worlds
A large factor in my supporting a Patreon would be the behaviour of the person running it.

I wholeheartedly agree, although how visible any creator's behavior (sorry lol American English spelling) is can vary wildly from one creator to another, based on their general level of prominence if nothing else.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases