D&D 5E New Classes Idea: Enchanted

gyor

Legend
Not Enchanter, like the wizard, the Enchanted. That basic idea is this, the class grants that character to absord and make certain spells cast on them permanent. They are like humaniod magic items. So at each level they can accept a choice of an enchantment. Like at level 5 instead of just getting an extra attack like a fighter or Paladin does, they are under a permanent and undispellable Haste spell. And these aren't spellcasters, they are instead simply the perfect living enchantable material for Wizards, Sorcerers, Clerics, Artificers, Bards and Druids. Living magic items that learning master their bodies enough to accept more enchantments and more powerful enchantments. Maybe even a few other quirky abilities, like anyone touching the character can use them as a spell casting focus even if they normally don't use such focuses like Rangers. Some spells cast on them would change to fit being placed on a character instead of say a sword. And subclasses would be based around gaining the same magics as a particularly interesting magic item.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
That's a tough class to design, as you'd have to make rulings for how every spell interacts with your character. Or are you simply creating a menu of abilities based on common spells? Do you actually need to be exposed to spells to gain your abilities?

gyor

Legend
That's a tough class to design, as you'd have to make rulings for how every spell interacts with your character. Or are you simply creating a menu of abilities based on common spells? Do you actually need to be exposed to spells to gain your abilities?

Basically a menu of abilities based on spells and in the case of subclasses abilities based on cool magicl items.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Basically a menu of abilities based on spells and in the case of subclasses abilities based on cool magicl items.
Yea, that makes it a lot easier...anything resembling a "Blue Mage" type caster is pretty much impossible to do. I could see it having features like maintaining concentration for the caster that targets them with spells, or maybe giving out metamagic style buffs to cast spells. Almost like a magical warlord.

gyor

Legend
Yea, that makes it a lot easier...anything resembling a "Blue Mage" type caster is pretty much impossible to do. I could see it having features like maintaining concentration for the caster that targets them with spells, or maybe giving out metamagic style buffs to cast spells. Almost like a magical warlord.

"Blue Mage caster"?

I sounds like a mixture of soulmolder from "magic of incarnum" and the pacts with vestiges by the binder from "Tome of Magic 3.5".

I have said it sometimes in the past and I will say it again, the keys to create a new class are:

- Right balance of power, of course.

- Fun gameplay and interesting class features. Not too complicated or fights will slower.

- Own mark of identity. A new class has to be like clothes styles of the urban tribes, or wearing a unique cosplay. A class isn't only a list of superpowers but a concept about a character, and without starts this could be the character of a fiction work. How could a character with this class be the hook of new adventures?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases