Tech levels for my sci-fi world?

Maximum7

Explorer
I’m making tech levels for my sci fi world. It starts with the

Post-Information Age, which is around 2030-2050

Next is the Fusion Age (2050-2100)

Next is the Nano Age (2100-2150)

Next is the Age of Ascendence (2150-2200)

Finally we have the Omnipotent Age (2200+)

For each age I need an entry(tries) for Transportation, Medicine, Weapons, Power source, Entertainement, Espionage, Agriculture, Construction, Robotics and Computers.

Can anybody help me? I’m looking for creative ideas.

tomBitonti

Adventurer
Can you provide more details as to what technology defines each age, and the posited social, economic, and environmental impact of each?

For example, what are the results of large scale data collection, plus the increasing dominance of relatively few corporations, plus the growing emergence of almost intelligent computer systems? How do you see this playing out in the Post-Information age?

For the fusion age, do you expect there to be a few, very large scale power plants, or a lot of medium and small power plants? If there are few very large power plants, how does that affect global politics?

At what point are we able to understand genomes to be able to go from raw DNA sequences to the expression of specific characteristics? At what point do we reach from basic understanding of neurons to understanding how they become thinking and aware?

Thx!
TomB

Maximum7

Explorer
Can you provide more details as to what technology defines each age, and the posited social, economic, and environmental impact of each?

For example, what are the results of large scale data collection, plus the increasing dominance of relatively few corporations, plus the growing emergence of almost intelligent computer systems? How do you see this playing out in the Post-Information age?

For the fusion age, do you expect there to be a few, very large scale power plants, or a lot of medium and small power plants? If there are few very large power plants, how does that affect global politics?

At what point are we able to understand genomes to be able to go from raw DNA sequences to the expression of specific characteristics? At what point do we reach from basic understanding of neurons to understanding how they become thinking and aware?

Thx!
TomB

The Post-Information Age is a transitionary age. True AI evolves at this point. The fusion age is when fusion power becomes widespread and the last two things appear in the nano age.

tomBitonti

Adventurer
The Post-Information Age is a transitionary age. True AI evolves at this point. The fusion age is when fusion power becomes widespread and the last two things appear in the nano age.

Then, are you optimistic, with AI and Fusion power bringing a new age of leisure for all, or are you pessimistic, with AI displacing most folks, and with the riches brought by fusion power held by a few, and used to keep the masses subjugated? Do the masses migrate into enormous Arcologies?

Not only are the technologies important; how societies evolve to use technology is equally important.

Thx!
TomB

Maximum7

Explorer
Then, are you optimistic, with AI and Fusion power bringing a new age of leisure for all, or are you pessimistic, with AI displacing most folks, and with the riches brought by fusion power held by a few, and used to keep the masses subjugated? Do the masses migrate into enormous Arcologies?

Not only are the technologies important; how societies evolve to use technology is equally important.

Thx!
TomB

Optimistic. By 2200, Earth will be a utopia.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
So how are you defining Ascendence and Omnipotence?

Is it a post-human gestalt conciousness?

does development of organic nanostructures in biotechnology lead to fully programmable pico-cells indistinguishable from natural cells? What happens when pico-cells become fully integrated with neurons? Could ones own cells be consciously controlled? Would a individual brain-matrix be able to network with others?

Maximum7

Explorer
So how are you defining Ascendence and Omnipotence?

Is it a post-human gestalt conciousness?

does development of organic nanostructures in biotechnology lead to fully programmable pico-cells indistinguishable from natural cells? What happens when pico-cells become fully integrated with neurons? Could ones own cells be consciously controlled? Would a individual brain-matrix be able to network with others?

Yes

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases