WotC WotC Looking For A New D&D Producer?

WotC is advertising for a new Executive Producer - D&D, which it describes as "head of D&D TRPG, runs the D&D TRPG business unit and P&L at Wizards of the Coast".

1200px-Wizards_of_the_Coast_logo.svg.png

I'm not sure how that interacts with existing positions -- Mike Mearls is the D&D Franchise Creative Director, and Nathan Stewart's Twitter bio indicates he's VP, D&D Franchise, and in response to a question on Twitter whether somebody was leaving, he said "I can answer that. Nope. D&D team is growing."

Here's how the job is described:

The EP, head of D&D TRPG, runs the D&D TRPG business unit and P&L at Wizards of the Coast. They bring business insight and creative leadership together to develop D&D’s table-top product offering and grow its audience and revenues globally.

The EP leads the internal TRPG Studio and a multi-disciplinary team of game designers, editors, art directors and graphic artists, producers, product managers and marketers to build and bring to market compelling table-top RPG experiences that continue and expand on the successful tradition of the D&D Brand.

You will be leading role at Wizards that regularly participates in executive discussions and decisions related to the D&D Franchise. The EP is a top-tier publishing executive with a strong sense for creative vision, innovation, execution perfection, consumer satisfaction and leadership through encouragement.

Requirements include a degree, and experience leading creatives and product management.

ParanoydStyle

Peace Among Worlds
I mean, in a world where I had a ring of three wishes, I would totally wish myself this job...but honestly, while I really don't say this often, I think I'm probably underqualified. I mean, I'm absolutely certain I'm way underqualified in terms of what they want to see on paper but I also actually think I'm probably under-qualified in terms of push-comes-to-shove ability to do the job at this point. This is probably (one of?) the only job in the TTRPG industry I'd say that about.

Yeah, I can't imagine how many gamers and small-time creators are applying for this position that's way high-level and will have a huge amount of analyzing dollars and cents, and selling financial projections for executives.

Not a fun job (IMHO), but a powerful role indeed.
Anyone With experience in min-maxing 3E or pathfinder characters should be able to pick up that kinda job quite fast.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases