Help with new character

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Throwing the 13 into Cha would also allow for a 2 level dip in paladin for some casters that don't normally have access to it, like druid or wizard. Not saying it's optimal, because it isn't, but those kind of stats open up options that you wouldn't normally consider in a point-buy game.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
With stats like that, why don't you try something that you wouldn't normally play? You could make a Mountain Dwarf Wizard (armor proficiency) or a Half-Orc Wizard, and still get your Int to 18 by level 4 with an ASI.

Even if Strength is your dump stat, you would avoid any negative penalty, but you could equally have an 18 Str, play an Abjurer (or Diviner), and you'd have a blast.

That would be my approach.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I need help choosing my next character. I already play a Tortle Green Knight in AL so I am looking for some sort of caster or maybe a monk.

I rolled the following stats 17,16,16,13,10,9.

Any non flying race is allowed. Starting at level 3.

Background is Noble.

Thanks.

My biggest concern is that a monk at level 3 isn't going to feel significantly different than a fighter at level 3 IMO.

FrogReaver

I highly recomend Barbarian 3/Rogue X. It makes for a very tough and hard hitting PC. You also have the stats to really make it shine.

For your level I'd start barbarian 1/rogue 2. Focus on strength and con with a decent amount of dex.

Your super tanky, super mobile, can grapple with the best of them (if you do expertise athletics + rage for advantage on it as well), are sticky due to your high powered OA - meaning nothing will want to move away from you (and very little can stay away from you even if it does). Throw in a feat like resilient wisdom at some point and you'll have everything. Super good at against dex saves, str saves, con saves, and good against wisdom saves.

I'd suggest arcane trickster subclass for the extra out of combat utility. Bear totem is my recommendation on barbarian subclass but it's not a requirement.

Paul Smart

Explorer
Thanks for the help everyone. I decided to play something I have never played before and went with a Ghostwise Halfling Open Hand Monk. He has the noble background. Basic story is he is the 3rd child of the ruling family of his clan. As he would never be the leader he did the traditional thing and went to the church. He was not chosen by his gods for magical power but did pick up some wonderful fighting techniques. He now wanders the land as a monk erant doing good deeds and glorifying his clan and god. This should be fun.

FrogReaver

Thanks for the help everyone. I decided to play something I have never played before and went with a Ghostwise Halfling Open Hand Monk. He has the noble background. Basic story is he is the 3rd child of the ruling family of his clan. As he would never be the leader he did the traditional thing and went to the church. He was not chosen by his gods for magical power but did pick up some wonderful fighting techniques. He now wanders the land as a monk erant doing good deeds and glorifying his clan and god. This should be fun.

Name him Confucius. Then everything you have your character say sounds wise. Confucius says i wouldn’t touch that with a 10 foot pole.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases