• warlord

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • warlock

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • wizard

Votes: 95 94.1%

Sacrosanct

Legend
Prompted from the ranger thread, where it once again entered the discussion about how many of the D&D classes can be redundant with the way skills and feats work. So I figured I'd start a poll.

If you had 6 choices (you do in this poll), what would be the six classes you consider core above the others from the 15 options provided?

Sacrosanct

Legend
I have a feeling the core 4 (fighter, cleric, rogue, wizard) will lead the votes, but I'm curious to see how people choose the other 2 options. For me, I chose monk and warlock. Which surprised me, because druid is one of my favorite classes. However, I felt that it was easier to encompass the druid as a nature cleric, than it would be to capture the monk or warlock archetypes.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
Nailing it down to six choices had a pretty big influence on my vote, actually. Beyond the "core four" (fighter, rogue, cleric, wizard), I would include, in a game with eight classes: barbarian, bard, druid, warlock (thinking: 5e's neo-vancian casting obsoletes the sorcerer's niche, rangers never had one to begin with, the paladin's niche is tough to justify in a game with easy multiclassing, and monks always seemed out of place).

But I don't know that I could justify only choosing two out of those four. As such, since I only had two classes to add, I went with the ones that expand the idea of "core" beyond the fight/skill/divine/arcane dynamic: psion and artificer.

You young whippersnappers don't understand the concept of core classes. Back in my day, we walked to school uphill both ways in the snow with no shoes on, and we only had 3 core classes (fighting-man, magic-user, and cleric), and we were HAPPY to have them!

Now get off my lawn!!!!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases