We're back!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Over the last couple of days I've been attempting a migration to Xenforo (the logical upgrade path for this platform). Unfortunately, it failed, and I've rolled it back. I'll try again in a few days.

Sorry about the downtime and the anti-climactic result! Hopefully next time will be better. [MENTION=52905]darjr[/MENTION] and I have done this a few times on a test server over the last year, with mixed results. It's not an easy upgrade!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's not the next logical step due to differences.

It's the next logical step because it's structurally similar, making the upgrade the easiest one it could be. Xenforo is made by the people who left vBulletin about a decade ago when it changed ownership, and is the 'spiritual' successor, rather than vBulleitn 5 which is substantially different and not well-regarded. It's also better supported.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The current plan, for anybody following along, is to close the site again on Tuesday for another attempt. The site will be closed for 1-3 days.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Technical issues mean we're delayed for now. We now need to migrate to a new server before trying this again.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases