D&D General WotC's Secret Lore Book

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Impressively clickbaity headline on that article!

What does it mean if Orcus doesn't know he's not aware of some things? I mean, he appears in every setting except if he doesn't! Blimey. I must know!

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
One Lore Book to rule them all and in the darkness bind them. I wants it. I needs it. I most haves it. Gives it to us.

The problem is that once you give away the secrets, they aren't secret any more. It is attractive and tantalizing while you don't know it, but once you do? Meh.

It is a document they use to create new, yet consistent, materials for us. No, don't publish that, because it will take away much of the "new" for us.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It is interesting that they have a Master Lore Bible going, but that's not really news: they were making that during the playtest when Wyatt was surveying people about monster lore, or Perkins planning out the first five years of Adventure products (which is extended now since they stopped doing two storylines a year, the original plan would have been for at least 11 storylines by the end of 2019 but we will have 8 now). This also explains certain interesting slips, like when Mearls' discussed a "Planetouched" race that they have to replicate 2E style Tieflings, and so on.

Dausuul

Legend
Drat, I was hoping this would be a book full of inside stories of the history of D&D, like the ones Jim Ward has been putting up.

aco175

Legend
Drat, I was hoping this would be a book full of inside stories of the history of D&D, like the ones Jim Ward has been putting up.

That is not to say that there are no more Jim Ward stories, but if there were they might be told. If they are not told, they could still exist, but maybe not.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases