D&D 5E Lighting Effects

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Right, but where is the original clarification?

Anyway, I’d hoped there’d be a point to this thread, but I guess not?

Apparently you are immune to magical effects and the blocked condition as well. Apparently that's a common condition immunity these days. Anyways, you are blocked by me. Please don't reply to me and please don't post in my threads. Thanks.

I've never bothered to read the lighting and obscurement rules carefully, I just use common sense to figure out if something is illuminated and potentially visible. I am pretty strict when it comes to the range of light sources and darkvision though.

I treat the darkness spell as an opaque blob of darkness, like most others it seems. I guess you could read it that it's simply objects inside the spell that are dark, but then they might be easily visible as silhouettes from some angles. That's both tricky to adjucate and seems to go against the intention of the spell.

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
Apparently you are immune to magical effects and the blocked condition as well. Apparently that's a common condition immunity these days. Anyways, you are blocked by me. Please don't reply to me and please don't post in my threads. Thanks.

Apparently, I ninja’d your block. :p

I gave what I thought were thorough answers to the questions you asked in your OP, and this is the thanks I get for my effort? In all seriousness, I meant no offense, and since you said “please”, I’m happy to let this rest, although I would have rather had a reply about the substance of my post. Block me if you will, but this isn’t your forum to tell people to what posts and threads they can reply.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Apparently, I ninja’d your block. :p

I gave what I thought were thorough answers to the questions you asked in your OP, and this is the thanks I get for my effort? In all seriousness, I meant no offense, and since you said “please”, I’m happy to let this rest, although I would have rather had a reply about the substance of my post. Block me if you will, but this isn’t your forum to tell people to what posts and threads they can reply.

I'll take you at your word that you meant no offense. I apologize for taking offense when you meant none. You are now officially unblocked (not that it really changes much seeing as you were immune to it in the first place).

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
You probably already know this, but Ignores and Blocks only apparently work via the website forum program. The ENWorld app on mobile devices does not having the block/ignore feature I don't believe. It's an interesting and confusing quirk, as I occasionally see threads on my phone that I never knew were there when I normally hit the forums.

Remove ads