Rewatching 80's Stuff

Zardnaar

Legend
Has anyone recently rewatched anything from the 80s?

We recently picked up Amazon Prime in addition to Netflix and I rewatch The Highlander.

I enjoyed this movie years ago probably watched it in the early 90s so haven't seen it since at least Highlander 3. It's a big ad for Queen music. It was a bit cheesy and corny. Even had a 80s training montage. Still they had a bit of character development, it made sense and overall still enjoyed it. Wasn't great but still.

The other shhow was Married With Children. Currently on episode 2 season 1. It's fairly tame with what came later but still fairly crude by 1987 standards. It was roughly contemporary with the Cosby Show and Full House.

Back in the day I watched it with my mother, probably season 2 circa 1989. Missed a few of the jokes back then but rewatched it maybe a decade or so ago. Probably couldn't make a show like this anymore.

Might have to rewatch Labyrinth again.

Last edited:

ccs

41st lv DM
Movies more so than TV.

The most recent 80's TV I watched was Greatest American Hero & the 1st couple seasons of Star Trek NG

I might be doing an 80's version of my annual Horror movie night this year. There's a lot of great horror flicks from the 80's. We could easily fill a whole night with them.

GreyLord

Legend
I watch late 70s and 80s stuff.

Magnum P.I. was and still is awesome. They have a new series of it on CBS.

MacGyver was and still is awesome. They also have a new series of it.

Watched the old Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers. Kids and grandkids are bored stiff by them. Ironically, grandkids are bored by the newer BSG as well. It's a no win situation for them on that one.

A-team is a fun romp to watch...though somewhat misogynistic at times.

Tried Knight Rider...can't get through it though.

Anyone remember the primetime soaps? Dallas, Dynasty, and Falcon Crest?

Zardnaar

Legend
Old BSG is kind of terrible.

New one had a few decent episodes but tailed off in later seasons.

Would like to see Mac Gyver again I was allowed to stay up an extra hour to watch it.

Ryujin

Legend
I find that I have a heard time watching stuff from the '80s these days. Most of it just doesn't age well. The exception would be old action movies that are so kitschy that they have a certain charm, that bridges the gap for me.

If I'm watching old stuff, it's generally back to the '50s and '60s.

Zardnaar

Legend
I find that I have a heard time watching stuff from the '80s these days. Most of it just doesn't age well. The exception would be old action movies that are so kitschy that they have a certain charm, that bridges the gap for me.

If I'm watching old stuff, it's generally back to the '50s and '60s.

The Highlander is action right?

Married with Children episode 8. Poor Buck having to eat marshmellows.

Still have a soft spot for Lamborghini Contact and MiG 29s.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases