POLL: What edition of D&D did you most recently play/run?

READ INSTRUCTIONS- Within the past year, the version of D&D I have played/run most recently is:

• OD&D

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 1e (AD&D)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • 2e

• 3e

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • 4e

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • 5e

Votes: 100 79.4%
  • BECMI

• I have not run or played D&D within the past year.

Votes: 4 3.2%

• Poll closed .

Far and away, for me, it's 5e. But, if there was a second place, it’d be 1e. I got to play in a Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth session at Origins. We were killed by a combination of two ropers and the one PC’s Javelin of Lightning and it was awesome.

Myrhdraak

Explorer
I played 4e with some 5e adoption (bounded accuracy, backgrounds, inspiration, 9 encounter days, etc). I call it 4.5 edition. For me it is the best of two worlds.
/Myrhdraak

JonnyP71

Explorer
Last Friday... 1E AD&D, Module G3 - Hall of the Fire Giant King. A true classic. 3 of the 8 PCs got killed, 1 of them due to save or die poison, another was turned to stone, the third marched off by themselves due to a cursed Ring (contrariness) and got eaten by Fire Lizards. D&D as it was meant to be :p

Zardnaar

Legend
5E, but getting a hankering for 2E as some of the new players want to try Spelljammer of all things.

If you're allowing clones to count you should probably allow Pathfinder to count since it's really a 3.5 clone.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I'm playing in both a 5e and a 3.5 (shudder) campaign. I'm prefering 5e with its less accounting.

JonnyP71

Explorer
I guess that is why we usually end up just getting together and running a "random dungeon generator" session.

We write up multiple PCs (for when one or more die), have no attachment to them, and just enjoy the hack-n-slash/treasure, social aspect of getting together for an evening of sitting around and BS'ing the time away.

In the example of my game, these are PCs that have been lovingly developed for a couple of years ;)

But at level 9-11 in AD&D, the Clerics are able to cast Raise Dead, so it's rarely permanent... (at -1 CON each time a PC is raised, their CON stats are suffering though, the G series has been brutal)

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
(2.5e + 5e)/2 = 3.75e = PF

Alternatively, it might be Star Wars Saga Edition. Which I'm also gearing up to run soon.

(I'm really sad that WotC let the Star Wars license go. A new edition based on a 5E chassis would probably be more to my taste than the FFG version.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases