Simply6 Simply6: A Fast, Light Universal RPG

Simply6 is a fast, light tabletop roleplaying game for 2 or more players which you can play using just six-sided dice. I put this together over the last couple of days in my spare time (based on something I was playing with in the forums a while back) and have uploaded it to DTRPG. It's only about 20-pages long, and will likely be tweaked and updated after I get some feedback.

282161.jpg

Screenshot 2019-07-08 at 23.01.02.png

What would be a good ganging-up / pack tactics bonus, for when multiple allied combatants team up vs one target?

Also, did you ever decide on how ties are broken? Thx -

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
What would be a good ganging-up / pack tactics bonus, for when multiple allied combatants team up vs one target?

I would equate that to the example higher ground bonus -- a Judge adjudicated +1d6.

Also, did you ever decide on how ties are broken? Thx -

No. But I'd say the higher level wins. If the same level, the higher score in that skill. If the same skill, roll 1d6.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Playing with the character sheet concept. I like the idea of a credit card sized sheet.

cs.png

bob.jpg

Attachments

• cs.png
    cs.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 697
  • bob.jpg
    bob.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 627
Last edited by a moderator:

1.7 looking better and better - really shaping up.

Typo/confusing:

"Within the cave mouth is [a] crumbling overhang" > "A section of the cave floor is undercut and crumbling."

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The attached PDF contains character sheets. 3 in b/w, 3 in colour.

Screenshot 2019-07-22 at 11.39.56.png

Attachments

• simply_6_chasheets.pdf
    280 KB · Views: 404
  • Screenshot 2019-07-22 at 11.39.56.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-22 at 11.39.56.png
    141 KB · Views: 676

Justin Wyatt

Villager
How is movement handled? I was imagining something abstract like range bands: Close (adjacent, melee weapons), Medium (several yards away) and Long (dozens of yards away) with 1 Movement action required to Move one range band. Firing missiles suffer -1d at target’s at Long Ranged, and +1d6 at Close range.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
How is movement handled? I was imagining something abstract like range bands: Close (adjacent, melee weapons), Medium (several yards away) and Long (dozens of yards away) with 1 Movement action required to Move one range band. Firing missiles suffer -1d at target’s at Long Ranged, and +1d6 at Close range.

It's even more abstract than that -- the GM pretty much decides if you can move somewhere in a turn.

Long range (as adjudicated by the GM) does indeed count as a complication inflicting a -1d6 penalty (see page 2).

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases