Simply6 Simply6: A Fast, Light Universal RPG

Simply6 is a fast, light tabletop roleplaying game for 2 or more players which you can play using just six-sided dice. I put this together over the last couple of days in my spare time (based on something I was playing with in the forums a while back) and have uploaded it to DTRPG. It's only about 20-pages long, and will likely be tweaked and updated after I get some feedback.

282161.jpg

Screenshot 2019-07-08 at 23.01.02.png

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That isn't absolutely necessary. In fact, keeping the skill list smaller is probably best. Is Intimidation necessary? Persuasion could just be Influence and it applies to all forms of influence.

By the same argument fighting, shooting, and defence are al forms of combat. Any skill list can be pared down indefinitely until you just end up with “skill”, but I do feel those two things are different enough. I wouldn’t want the average orc to charm somebody.

By the same argument fighting, shooting, and defence are al forms of combat. Any skill list can be pared down indefinitely until you just end up with “skill”, but I do feel those two things are different enough. I wouldn’t want the average orc to charm somebody.

Some things should be separated out in detail. And some should not. And some of it should be optional rules. I think the philosophy should be "these skill are in the book so any additional skills should be opposed by them." So Appraise being performed by a merchant whom is buying something from the PC would be a persuasion roll against the merchants appraise. And the PC doing the appraising is probably just rolling Thieving, Knowledge, Art, or something against the standard 10 unless there is a merchant trying to make it seem more or less valuable.

This sounds interesting. I get a lot of students interested in table top RPGs at school. This strikes me as a good introductory RPG useful for a variety of settings / genres. Thanks!

7 + 2 + 2 -1 -1 = 9.(To clarify, the negative numbers count too).

QUOTE=Morrus;7631912]7 + 2 + 2 -1 -1 = 9.

(To clarify, the negative numbers count too).[/QUOTE]

With that in mind, by my reckoning the dragon on pg. 8 should be level 25 (1 special ability), the giant spider 5 (2 special abilities), and the vampire 9 (“instantly dies in sunlight” should count as a negative, I’d think).

Speaking of the dragon, I’d suggest it’s special ability be renamed Breathe Fire, Fiery Breath, etc (instead of Breath Fire).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
v1.3 includes new monsters, and new equipment.
[MENTION=6999534]procrastonaut[/MENTION] there's now an adjustment to the level calc for monsters. Negative scores no longer count, as it is assumed a monster will do its best self for the few rounds it encounters the PCs, not its worst.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hey, cool! It's doing well at DTRPG!

Screenshot 2019-07-10 at 00.44.51.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-10 at 00.44.51.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-10 at 00.44.51.png
    199.1 KB · Views: 620

v1.3 includes new monsters, and new equipment.
@procrastonaut there's now an adjustment to the level calc for monsters. Negative scores no longer count, as it is assumed a monster will do its best self for the few rounds it encounters the PCs, not its worst.

Cool!

looks like Werewolf should be Level 1/4 since Commoners are now level 1

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases