Simply6 Simply6: A Fast, Light Universal RPG

Simply6 is a fast, light tabletop roleplaying game for 2 or more players which you can play using just six-sided dice. I put this together over the last couple of days in my spare time (based on something I was playing with in the forums a while back) and have uploaded it to DTRPG. It's only about 20-pages long, and will likely be tweaked and updated after I get some feedback.

282161.jpg

Screenshot 2019-07-08 at 23.01.02.png

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think you'll like v1.5. Simple abilities for when you level up, a new Charge! action, and minor skill tweaks.

I -do- like v1.5 but some more typos snuck in.

Living Statue
Fortitude 5d6 (14) - should be (17)

Minotaur
Athletics 4d6 (17) - should be (14)

Vampire
Magic 3d6 (14) - should be (10)

And Minotaur, Ogre, Orc, Troll, and Tyrannosaur all have negatives in Persuasion, Perception, or Knowledge of -1d6 that should result in 2d6 (7) but are listed as 1d6 (3) instead.

I just noticed the first page. If you are going to explain dice: "If you see something telling you to roll 3d6, then you roll three six-sided dice." You may as well add "and add up the results. So if the three dice read 3, 2, and 5, the result is 10."

I mean, sure we all know that. But we also know what 3d6 means. So if you are going to explain, explain it fully.

I still think Equipment should be before Monsters. But that's just me, perhaps. The Advanced Rule section needs a better name. It also should say, each special ability adds to your character level. It can be inferred from the Monster section so maybe it isn't necessary. YMMV.

Antidote: So, instead of the player rolling 5 or 6 to remove the poison effect, this other character can spend his action automatically removing the poison effect? Is that how it works? (I assume this happens on Phase 4 of combat.)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Antidote: So, instead of the player rolling 5 or 6 to remove the poison effect, this other character can spend his action automatically removing the poison effect? Is that how it works? (I assume this happens on Phase 4 of combat.)

Yup.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases