Simply6 Simply6: A Fast, Light Universal RPG

Simply6 is a fast, light tabletop roleplaying game for 2 or more players which you can play using just six-sided dice. I put this together over the last couple of days in my spare time (based on something I was playing with in the forums a while back) and have uploaded it to DTRPG. It's only about 20-pages long, and will likely be tweaked and updated after I get some feedback.

282161.jpg

Screenshot 2019-07-08 at 23.01.02.png

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
What do you roll against to teleport? Or flight? Dragons have 6d6 flight. But when would you roll that? In place of Athletics?

Hmm. Dragons also have Appraisal. How does that work?

Yeah, if you were racing the dragon or it was chasing you. Flight v Athletics. Phew! You escaped!

Appraisal just figure dragons can count their gold hoard, so they can make a check to value stuff.

Looking at monsters, it says their level is the sum of their bonus dice, plus one for any special abilities. I can’t figure out how the Archmage, then, is Level 9... help?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Looking at monsters, it says their level is the sum of their bonus dice, plus one for any special abilities. I can’t figure out how the Archmage, then, is Level 9... help?

7 + 2 + 2 -1 -1 = 9.

(To clarify, the negative numbers count too).

Looking good.

typo in 1.1: "Heal 1 point of health)" dangling parenthesis.

Maybe others grokked it immediately, but it took me three reads to understand:
"Within the cave mouth is crumbling overhang(D2); make an Athletics check or fall into theriver."
From the word "overhang" I pictured crumbling stalactites hanging from the ceiling, which somehow fall on the character and knock them into the river.

I'd parse it as something like: "Beyond the cave mouth, a stretch of the bank is undercut and crumbling (see "X"s on map, D2); make an Athletics check or fall into the river as the bank collapses."

Yeah, if you were racing the dragon or it was chasing you. Flight v Athletics. Phew! You escaped!

Appraisal just figure dragons can count their gold hoard, so they can make a check to value stuff.

How do normal characters Appraise?

I noticed version 1.2 changed Dodging to Defense. Good change.

Sorry if this is outside the scope of the current document, but say a character has an animal companion, like a wolf...

Does said wolf act like a Judge controlled monster/npc (no rolls, use averages)? I ask because allied monsters vs enemy monsters could be odd.

Example - a kobold (Fighting -1d6 2d6 (7)) will never be able to hit a wolf (defense 10), and the wolf’s attack (10) will always tie the kobolds defense (10), which hits, I think?

That brings up another question - how’re ties resolved?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Sorry if this is outside the scope of the current document, but say a character has an animal companion, like a wolf...

Does said wolf act like a Judge controlled monster/npc (no rolls, use averages)? I ask because allied monsters vs enemy monsters could be odd.

I would have players roll for pets. That I hadn't thought about yet; the static rolls are just to speed things up.

Example - a kobold (Fighting -1d6 2d6 (7)) will never be able to hit a wolf (defense 10), and the wolf’s attack (10) will always tie the kobolds defense (10), which hits, I think?

That brings up another question - how’re ties resolved?

Another good question. Let me ponder!

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases