Druid Question

shadowoflameth

Adventurer
If your game uses feats. does your wild shape still benefit from them? For example; druid wild shapes into a bear, druid has the grappler feat. Does the bear's claw attack benefit?

Esker

Hero
Yup, as long as the beast could use the benefits of the feat then they get to. The relevant section of the wild shape description:

You retain the benefit of any features from your class, race, or other source and can use them if the new form is physically capable of doing so. However, you can’t use any of your special senses, such as darkvision, unless your new form also has that sense.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Bears? Yup, sure, but the first guy who wild shapes into an ochre jelly and then asks me about grappling will get the rough side of my tongue.:eek:

shadowoflameth

Adventurer
Kind of what I thought. I wouldn't expect a bear to be an Inspiring Leader in that form but if the druid has Grappler, Tavern Brawler or the like, then it makes sense that many beasts would be able to do that. Related question; are natural weapons like claws a melee weapon attack (similar to the monk's unarmed strike)?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases