D&D 5E Fighting With Style, Fighting Styles as Level 1 subclass choices

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Should it be both better AC than a shield and shareable? That sounds a little strong to me. Cool idea though.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
What about, for a defensive gish style:

Aegis. While wielding a melee weapon in one hand, and a component, arcane focus, or free hand, you gain a +3 bonus to AC. When an ally is the target of an attack while within 5ft of you, you can transfer this benefit to them as a Reaction. You lose the benefit while it affects them, and this effect lasts until the start of your next turn.

Yay give me some swordmage please

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Should it be both better AC than a shield and shareable? That sounds a little strong to me. Cool idea though.

Since it costs more, it has to do more. A shield is +2, but costs a fighter essentially nothing. Shield + defensive style is also +3, while Protection and shield is +2 and a stronger protection Reaction.

I may need to reword it, but the intent is also that you lose that +3 to AC when you are protecting someone else.

Still, perhaps a smaller AC bonus, and an ability to attack enemies that hit allies with a small elemental attack?

doctorbadwolf

The simplest idea here is a static boost to AC and offense, with elemental damage.

Archery gets +2 to atk, which is apperently equal to +1 AC? How? Anyway...

restricted to weapon and free hand/focus

+1 AC and attack, choose an element at the end of a short or long rest. You weapon attacks deal that until you change it.

Thoughts?

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Is that +1 AC designed to be use with a particular loadout or is the idea for it to potentially stack with some of the other styles? If you wanted AC and damage it could also be elemental damage keyed of successful opponents hits, like an aura. That's a lot less sword mage-y though.

+1 AC/+1 TH and changeable damage types doesn't seem over-powered. Is that going to be the full list of damage types, or restricted in some way?

doctorbadwolf

Is that +1 AC designed to be use with a particular loadout or is the idea for it to potentially stack with some of the other styles? If you wanted AC and damage it could also be elemental damage keyed of successful opponents hits, like an aura. That's a lot less sword mage-y though.

+1 AC/+1 TH and changeable damage types doesn't seem over-powered. Is that going to be the full list of damage types, or restricted in some way?

Probably fire, cold, Lightning, Thunder, and Acid.

The +1 AC is meant to require either a free hand, arcane focus, or material component.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases