D&D 5E Fighting With Style, Fighting Styles as Level 1 subclass choices

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Bravo!

Though I suppose it was more of the opposite.

Is snooze quit a thing?

Yeah that middle slog isn’t called “the slog” by fans for nothing.

I usually skim it on a reread. It’s probably only Eye Of The World I’ve actually read 7 times.

But hey, I’ve also read The Silmarillion a few times, and I’ve read every word of Tolkien’s appendixes, so...I may be an outlier.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Not a fan of your Eldritch Knight option. I agree they could use something though. Maybe choose one wizard cantrip, and you're able to cast it a number of times a day equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum one)?

Xeviat

Hero
How much do you value a fighting style? It's not worth a whole feat. +2 to damage is kinda worth +2 to hit. +2 attack stat is +1 to hit, damage, saves, checks, and some extra stuff. It's maybe half a feat.

Magic Initiate gives 2 cantrips and 1 1st level spell slot. So giving 2 cantrips and more stuff would be worth more than Fighting Style.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
How much do you value a fighting style? It's not worth a whole feat. +2 to damage is kinda worth +2 to hit. +2 attack stat is +1 to hit, damage, saves, checks, and some extra stuff. It's maybe half a feat.

Magic Initiate gives 2 cantrips and 1 1st level spell slot. So giving 2 cantrips and more stuff would be worth more than Fighting Style.

I think a fighting style is worth 2^(-1/2) feats.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases