D&D General Should Baldur's Gate 3 be turnbased or Real Time With Pause?

Should Baldur's Gate 3 be turnbased or Real Time With Pause?

• Classic or Simultaneous Turn Based

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Something other then Turn Based or Real Time With Pause

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Real Time With Pause

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Hybrid between Turn Based and Real Time With Pause

Votes: 15 17.2%

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
I like turn based. But I think real time is more popular, and it probably makes sense to cater to the majority if you want the game to be successful.

WaterRabbit

Explorer
Both. You could set the original BG to pause at the end of each character's round.

The problem with this (and RTwP in general) is that a number of combat tactics just don't work. AoOs and feats that support them for example. In fact, setting the game to pause at the end of each round (player's or otherwise) was generally the least fun option and made combat into a chore.

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
I prefer Turn based games over Real Time, but Baldur’s Gate wouldn’t be Baldur’s Gate without Real Time w/ Pause.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I literally bought every Infinity Engine game, but I never played more than an hour into any of them because I just couldn't cope with the real time combat.

Which is strange, since it wasn't a problem for me in NWN1 or 2 (or its descendants). But those were primarily single character games with NPCs helping, rather than trying to control a whole party at once in real time.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases