RPG Attack Site Closes As Author Outs Himself

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This has blown up on social media the last couple of days. YourRPGisSh*t, an attack site which attacked game designers, retailers, and publishers, along with nasty screeds against various demographics, turned out to have been run by a publisher. Not one I'm personally familiar with.

Geek Native has a more detailed report on the matter. The author outed himself with a screenshot which contained identifying information.

darjr

I crit!
Who? The internet has some really dumb obscure corners. That the hate comes back to bite him? I don’t appreciate the vitriol, but he fought with that sword.

Wait!? Is this a corner I’m standing in?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Hmmm...
The author claims he started the blog because 99.9% of all RPGs and their accessories suck.

Well, that’s basically Sturgeon’s Second Law, a.k.a. Stugeon’s Revelation. However...

The site was used to attack Dungeons & Dragons, Dungeon World, DriveThruRPG, Strongholds & Followers, game designers, women, anyone who isn’t white, anyone who wasn’t straight, Lamentations of the Flame Princess and most especially a group of people he called Social Justice Warriors.

Not that those are or should be immune from criticism, but the more I read that sentence, the more I think of...
mayaangelou1-2x.jpg

And amusingly, this guy ‘s products are sold through DriveThruRPG (for the time being) and several are supplements to games he attacks.

3e79d13b0e743dbf7b4fcfbf506c68b0.jpg

Last edited:

Xaelvaen

Stuck in the 90s
I wonder if he actually believes the garbage he writes, or if it was just for publicity/infamy? I truly hope the latter - at least that's partially better than actually being a bigot. Maybe.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I wonder if he actually believes the garbage he writes, or if it was just for publicity/infamy? I truly hope the latter - at least that's partially better than actually being a bigot. Maybe.

Well, given that his company had:
...a OSR logo that used a Swastika as the O...

I’m thinking he is the living embodiment of How to Win Friends and Influence People.

I had a look at my library on Drivethru and I don't have any of the company's products.

However, it turns out I am a backer of the guy's latest kickstarter. When asked about it in the kickstarter comments (not by me) he says he is not behind the YRPGiS site and doesn't understand how the situation could have arisen.

A swastika-marked OSR logo? That's pretty darn loathsome.

I'd heard of the attack site, though I avoided it for obvious reasons. Good riddance to the whole thing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases