New Terminator Going to Flop? [spoilers]

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
There are almost no original IPs...

There are almost no original IPs... in movies.

In print (novels and comic books, for example) there's loads of new stuff. It is far, far cheaper to produce a novel or comic book run than it is to produce a movie, so it will often make far more sense to take something that's at least been tried out in the public arena before you spend $75 million and more on a movie.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Not to be morbid, but none of us are planning on it. But if you're in Zaardnar's target demographic, you should probably have a will; regardless of your plans.

Is that a death threat? ;)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Heh. Actually, it's pretty sound advice!

(At least in America! Seriously, so many people think they will never die, and so many people fail to understand both how easy a simple will is, and how obnoxious the intestate laws can be.)

Dude. Please stop telling me I’m going to die.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Dude. Please stop telling me I’m going to die.

Will it make it better if we tell you that you'll take your nemesis with you when you go?

"Goguenar Gorecannon's Seventh Unkillable Fact: Dying happens to everyone, even stars. Even the stuff between the stars. But if you believe in yourself and achieve your goals, you can die so hard that no one will ever forget you, and that’s almost as good as not dying at all. Well, it isn’t, really, it isn’t at all, and believing and achieving is just something sportscasters say, but what are you gonna do, not die? Try it. I’ll wait."

-Space Opera, Catherynne Valente

Last edited:

Sarah Connor comes to their aid, as well as the original Terminator, for a fight for the future.

The original Terminator (i.e. the T-800 that was destroyed in Terminator), or an aged model of the original Terminator? Maybe the person the T-800 was modeled after? Curious how they are going to explain this.

Was it stated that John Connor was dead?

Zardnaar

Legend
My wife and I used to go to the movies a lot, too. Do you know what happened?

We got older.

Weird, huh? And now, my wife doesn't go to the movies ever (almost ever, I should say) because she prefers art films which are just as good on the large TV screen at home, and cheaper.

Whereas I will still go with the kids- but not nearly as often, and I don't go NEARLY as much as the oldest kid who goes on his own all the time with the other kids from his class.

Says who? I mean, it depends on how you define reboot, right? There are almost no original IPs, so ... let's look at 2018.

Of the top 20 (20!) movies (Domestic US), 3 were original IP-
Bohemian Rhapsody #10 (Jukebox Biopic)
A Quiet Place #16 (Horror, the one genre that can consistently do decently with new IP)
Crazy Rich Asians #17 (RomCom!)

The rest were-
Marvel Cinematic Universe (including Sony Spiderman and Fox Mutants)-
Nos. 1, 2, 6, 9, 13, 15

DC Universe

Star Wars Universe

Potterverse

Sequels
Nos. 3 (Incredibles 2), 8 (MI 6), 14 (Wreck it 2- internet), 19 (Transylvania 3)

Reboots
Nos. 4 (JW Reboot/Sequel), 7 (Grinch), 11 (Star is Born), 18 (Mary Poppins Returns)

#21 was, of Course, Halloween, the Reboot/Sequel.

PR always says they are targeting at everyone. For blockbusters/franchises (as we are discussing) they are targeting teens - 39. You aren't it.

Disney .... is an exception to everything. But it helps to own all IP, forever, in a synergistic fashion, right?

I was referring more to 2019. The box office is down, quite a few flops.

Shaft
Hellboy
Men in Black
Dark Phoenix

Just off the top of my head.

Zardnaar

Legend
The original Terminator (i.e. the T-800 that was destroyed in Terminator), or an aged model of the original Terminator? Maybe the person the T-800 was modeled after? Curious how they are going to explain this.

Was it stated that John Connor was dead?
The young girl is apparently John's replacement and he dies at the start.

According to leaks from test screenings could be BS. Robots are not Skynet some new company.

If they pull the old variant timeline thing meh, Skynet being replaced could make sense depending on their storytelling.

Especially if the Terminators develop free will or can break their programming.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The young girl is apparently John's replacement and he dies at the start.

According to leaks from test screenings could be BS. Robots are not Skynet some new company.

If they pull the old variant timeline thing meh, Skynet being replaced could make sense depending on their storytelling.

Especially if the Terminators develop free will or can break their programming.

Dude. Spoilers. Some of us are interested in seeing this film, even if you aren’t.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases