New Terminator Going to Flop? [spoilers]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
In addition, if you are rebooting the franchise, you want to inculcate loyalty with a new audience, not a bunch of us that will by dying off soon.

It's pitched very much as a sequel rather than a reboot.

And I'm not planning on dying any time in the next 40 years, thanks!

Zardnaar

Legend
If the age target demographic is 40 to 50 years old, then the movie has already flopped.

I obviously can't speak to every place, but I know that locally, the teens will go see movies ... multiple times. It's an opportunity for them to get together and hangout. And they enjoy watching movies multiple times as well.

If you're wondering why there are so many horror and superhero movies, there you go.

It's not that movies can't succeed at all with a more sophisticated audience, but to have a true blockbuster, you need to attract a younger crowd.

(This is also borne out by statistics; in fact, 40 - 50 is the worst demographic .... even worse than than 50-59 and 60+ which includes more retirees, and leaves out the three best demos; 25-39, 18-24, and 12-17; to give you a better idea, in the last year I have stats, those three demos are the only ones that purchase tickets and go to movies as a higher percentage than they exist as a demographic in the population).

In addition, if you are rebooting the franchise, you want to inculcate loyalty with a new audience, not a bunch of us that will by dying off soon.

TLDR; it's fine to have some nods to the past for us olds. But the key is to have the movie be accessible and interesting to a younger audience.

Depends if they're marketing nostalgia but the target audience is younger crowd makes little sense.

I think that's why they're getting so many flops lately. They're rebooting 80s and 90s franchises but trying to aim them at the wrong crowds.

If you're young most won't care to much about Arnie or Linda so why use them in trailers.

Men in Black no Will Smith. Young ones don't have the nostalgia, older crowd don't care for new actors they don't care about, and a lot of actors are a bit past it.

You still need a good story as well.

Then again u don't go to the movies that much that's more because they don't seem to make movies for me. I'm not a massive super hero fan even when I was younger.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
I don't go because I'm not into the MCU. We used to go a lot.

The young people aren't going either for these reboots.

Sure PR might claim they're aiming movies at everyone but that means you're really targeting no one. A few might be exceptions to that MCU, old Star Wars, Disney animated films in the (90's), Pixar 5+ years ago.

MCU is an exception to basically everything.

Movies are cheap here $8 USD and you can order a burger and beer.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases