D&D General What are your Pedantic Complaints about D&D?

I've got one more:

You roll a die to hit, but you don't roll a die to defend, unless it's a saving throw. I've always felt there's a lot of missed opportunity there regarding how dynamic and strategic D&D's combat could be. It would probably also become way more complicated, but it just feels like something is missing.

jasper

Rotten DM
Tabaxi is part human, part cat.) Another pet peeve, Cat people dog people etc, where the female has Size 36 breastess. But cat and dog have multiple breastess .

jasper

Rotten DM
Far and above, my biggest problem that I have...and I say this as a cis-het American dude...is the breast fetish.

Armor with breasts. Reptiles with breasts. Gargoyles with breasts. FRIGGIN WARFORGED WITH BREASTS?! Seriously, this needs to stop. Please. I'm begging you.
Even worst a demon goddess of fungi with breastess.

aco175

Legend
Even worst a demon goddess of fungi with breastess.

There was that Batman movie controversy several years ago, maybe when George Clooney played him.

Another complaint is that there are so many humanoid races running around. I have a hard time grasping that all these races could develop in the same world without most becoming extinct. I can see where it is not as fun having only a couple types to play or battle, but having orcs develop alongside goblins and hobgoblins seems odd. Maybe I can play a half orc / half bugbear with a grandparent who was a dog person to give me advantage on hearing checks.

Sadras

Legend
Since we're being pedantic, the rules in the game are actually a correct implementation of the inverse square law. For every light source, doubling the distance will cause the intensity to drop by a factor of 4. If a candle has the same intensity at 5' that Daylight has at 60', then the candle will have 1/4 that intensity at 10', and Daylight will have 1/4 that intensity at 120'.

More explicitly, let "L" be the brightness of a candle at 5'. For Daylight to be just as bright at 60' as a candle is at 5', its brightness at 5' must be: (60'*60')*L/(5'*5')=144*L. The brightness of a candle at 10 feet is (5'*5')*L/(10'*10')=L/4. The distance at which Daylight fades to L/4 is: SQRT((5'*5')(144*L)/(L/4))=SQRT(14400 sqft)=120'.

This is the power of math, people! :]

dave2008

Legend
I've got one more:

You roll a die to hit, but you don't roll a die to defend, unless it's a saving throw. I've always felt there's a lot of missed opportunity there regarding how dynamic and strategic D&D's combat could be. It would probably also become way more complicated, but it just feels like something is missing.

There is already an option in the DMG for players to make saves to to prevent being hit instead of the DM rolling monsters to hit. So that should be taken care kf?

jasper

Rotten DM
HHEY HEY KID GET OFF MY LAWN. Here is old fart years
Last year - 1 to 3 years ago
Sometime in last decade 5 to 15 years ago
Several years ago - 10 years ago to just after high school graduation.
In my life time- yesterday to 1000 years ago

Sadras

Legend
HHEY HEY KID GET OFF MY LAWN. Here is old fart years
Last year - 1 to 3 years ago
Sometime in last decade 5 to 15 years ago
Several years ago - 10 years ago to just after high school graduation.
In my life time- yesterday to 1000 years ago

Malkavian Methuselahs are the worst!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases