Star Trek's Alpha Quadrant Sourcebook Coming Next Week

Modiphius has announced that the Alpha Quadrant Sourcebook for Star Trek Adventures will be out on July 25th. 11 alien species, new starships, and lots of information about the Federation and worlds of the quadrant, available from their web store very soon.

p.jpeg

“In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after
another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape." - Benjamin Sisko

Modiphius Entertainment is excited to announce the release date for the Star Trek Adventures Alpha Quadrant Sourcebook. It will be available from the Modiphius webstore in print & pdf on July 25th 2019, and in friendly local gaming stores in August.

The Alpha Quadrant Sourcebook contains everything you need to run and play games in the Alpha Quadrant whether you want to negotiate with a Ferengi starship, play as a Caitian or explore the Badlands and Demilitarized zones on the Federations border. Moving the timeline forwards from 2371 to when the Klingon's withdraw from the Khitomer Accords in 2372 the sourcebook also encompasses the next stage in the Star Trek Adventures living campaign.

We are all explorers driven to know what's over the horizon, what's beyond our own shores. The Alpha Quadrant Sourcebook provides Gamemasters and Players with a wealth of information to aid in playing or running adventures set within the Alpha Quadrant of the Star Trek universe. This 128 page full colour hardback contains:

The Alpha Quadrant Sourcebook contains:

• Eleven new alien species players can choose from during character generation, including Aurelians, Caitians, Edosians, and Ferengi.
  • A selection of alien starships from the Cardassian Union, the Ferengi Alliance, the Breen Confederacy, and the Tholian Assembly.
  • Guidance for the Gamemaster on running missions and continuing voyages in the Alpha Quadrant, along with a selection of plot components to help plan adventures and several new Non-Player Characters to enhance encounters.
  • Details on the Federation’s presence in the Alpha Quadrant up to 2372, and details on the homeworlds of Betazed, Denobula, Tellar Prime, and Trill.
  • Material about the people, history, and culture of Bajor and the Cardassian Union, including details on Cardassia Prime and other worlds.
  • Information about the Ferengi Alliance, the Tzenkethi Coalition, the Breen Confederacy, and the Tholian Assembly.
The Star Trek Adventures supplementary rulebooks and sourcebooks require the Star Trek Adventures core rulebook in order to play.

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

p.png

imagineGod

Legend
With regards to wings in space, that may be more hindrance than asset aboard a cramped spaceship, not that Federation vessels are cramped.

gurpsgm

Explorer
I cannot begin to express my gratitude for Modiphius' new Star Trek Alpha Quadrant book. Let me start by saying a big =thank you= to TPTB for allowing the animated characters to be in the game. I was always of the oddball impression the the two seasons of ST:TAS are merelly the fourth and fifth years of Kirk's five year mission. BTW: David Gerrold thought that this was true, too.

The Aurelian species sound cool and I hope to see at least a mention of the major species: Andorian, Tellarite, and Vulcan character races.

The nicest thing about this may be something that they are not talking about. If they can use the Caitians, can the Kzinti be far behind? Another character we may see is Arex, who was an Edosian species with three arms and three legs.

Although ST:TAS did not film any more than the promised 25 episodes, the were not "cartoons" at all. Both Children and Adults could enjoy it, even though they were originally aired in the Saturaday morning cartoon slot.

Can't wait for this new book to hit the stands! I inow I will use it!

Bruce Gray

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases