Diana Jones Award Nominees 2019

The Diana Jones Awards (named after the remaining piece of the Indiana Jones RPG encased in the trophy) has announced its nominees for 2019. Every year an anonymous group of industry members select a handful of nominees, which are announced at a private event during Gen Con. Last year's winner was the movement of Actual Play.

Screenshot 2019-07-16 at 13.37.28.png

This year's nominees are:

• Dungeons & Dragons Art & Arcana, a book by Mike Witwer, Kyle Newman, Jon Peterson, and Sam Witwer, published by Ten Speed Press
  • Holding On: The Troubled Life of Billy Kerr, a board game by Michael Fox and Rory O’Connor, published by Hub Games
  • The Mind, a card game by Wolfgang Warsch, published by NSV GmbH and Pandasaurus Games
  • Star Crossed, a role-playing game by Alex Roberts, published by Bully Pulpit Games

lyle.spade

Adventurer
Art & Arcana is a great book as a collection of art, but also for the story that it tells. If I could vote, I'd vote for that.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Art & Arcana is a great book as a collection of art, but also for the story that it tells. If I could vote, I'd vote for that.

It's the only one of those four I've seen, but it is really good. I bought the deluxe edition and I love it.

lyle.spade

Adventurer
There are so many great pieces of art from the early days...things I remember seeing on shelves, at others' houses, in books I am happy to still own. And the stories are priceless - so much energy and will, and in many cases so little capacity and experience. It seems a miracle that DnD ever made it beyond a small circle of people.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
I know Art & Arcana is going to get a lot of fan love (and for good reason; it's a great product that I own and love myself) but my dark heart pick goes out to Star Crossed, which is absolutely amazing, and totally unlike anything else I've played (including Dread, with which it superficially shares the Jenga tower mechanic with)

Wightbred

Explorer
The Mind is an awesome game. It has a really different feel, and everyone I’ve played it with has loved it.

As usual a really interesting group of nominees. Looking forward to the announcement.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases