Nominate The Top 10 Mobile Apps For Tabletop RPGs!

Back in January I took nominations for the best RPG podcast of 2018, and everybody voted The Adventure Zone (best actual play) and The Good Friends of Jackson Elias (best talk) as the winners. Now I'm doing the same with mobile apps -- what are your favourite RPG mobile apps?

DD-Beyond-796x398.jpg

Here's how it works: anybody can nominate a mobile app (but you can't nominate your own). Simply post the name, a one-sentence description, and a link below. I'll keep nominations open for a week, and close them on Thursday 25th July, midnight UK time. We'll then all spend a week voting, and I'll announce the results.

The app must be specific to tabletop RPGs; while Spotify may be awesome for streaming appropriately dramatic music, it's not designed as an RPG accessory. It must be an accessory to gaming, not an actual RPG itself (so no Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition!) Otherwise, you can nominate dice rollers, encounter managers, soundboards, anything designed for use with a tabletop RPG.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Brennen

Legend
Another vote for Fight Club 5 (and it’s companion app, Game Master 5). Most of my group uses it, and makes sharing copies of characters very easy

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I use D&D Beyond for referencing items, spells, and rules while running or playing. I use Fantasy Grounds on my tablet for encounters, maps, initiative, and character tracking. The only thing bad about D&D Beyond is the cost, but for me it is worth it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.curse.dndbeyond&hl=en_US

i use FG from my laptop to a tv on the table. How do you run the FG program from a tablet? Maybe I missed something so thanks for a response.

D1Tremere

Adventurer
i use FG from my laptop to a tv on the table. How do you run the FG program from a tablet? Maybe I missed something so thanks for a response.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. My tablet is a Microsoft Surface Pro running Win 10. Unfortunately there is no current version of Fantasy Grounds for IOS or Android.

Jimmy Dick

Adventurer
Second for Pathbuilder

Pathbuilder.
For me the best character editor/creator for Pathfinder ever. A new version for PF2 is also in the making:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.redrazors.pathbuilder&hl=en

I would like to second Pathbuilder as a great app. As an Android user, I am disappointed in HeroLab Classic's lack of an app for that system. I can't say I am in favor of HLO, but over the next six months I am really hoping more apps are available for Pathfinder 2, especially for Pathfinder Society gameplay.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases