Nominate The Top 10 Mobile Apps For Tabletop RPGs!

Back in January I took nominations for the best RPG podcast of 2018, and everybody voted The Adventure Zone (best actual play) and The Good Friends of Jackson Elias (best talk) as the winners. Now I'm doing the same with mobile apps -- what are your favourite RPG mobile apps?

Back in January I took nominations for the best RPG podcast of 2018, and everybody voted The Adventure Zone (best actual play) and The Good Friends of Jackson Elias (best talk) as the winners. Now I'm doing the same with mobile apps -- what are your favourite RPG mobile apps?

DD-Beyond-796x398.jpg

Here's how it works: anybody can nominate a mobile app (but you can't nominate your own). Simply post the name, a one-sentence description, and a link below. I'll keep nominations open for a week, and close them on Thursday 25th July, midnight UK time. We'll then all spend a week voting, and I'll announce the results.

The app must be specific to tabletop RPGs; while Spotify may be awesome for streaming appropriately dramatic music, it's not designed as an RPG accessory. It must be an accessory to gaming, not an actual RPG itself (so no Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition!) Otherwise, you can nominate dice rollers, encounter managers, soundboards, anything designed for use with a tabletop RPG.

Von Ether

Legend
The Crawler’s Companion
The free app, that won a 2013 Silver Ennie is still a winner while letting you run Dungeon Crawl Classics without looking at a single spell casting result chart or picking up a physical die and even has campaign and character managers so with proper management the only thing you may need is just a map.
https://purplesorcerer.com/crawler.php

I'd almost want the moblie app category to be broken down by "best tablet" and "best phone" style apps sometimes there can be a world of difference between the two.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
can i vote DOWN on the dndbeyond mobile app until they add the character sheet thats been in the works since it rolled out, 1.5+ years ago?

R Karan

First Post
I have two favorite apps:

d20 Calculator
A brilliant dice roller in the shape of a calculator. I’ve tried many dice rollers but this one is easy to use and, when needed, accepts complex setups without head-scratching.

Rory’s StoryCubes
StoryCubes offer a nifty solution for GM improvisation. Roll the digital dice and the symbols will (almost) always spark an idea. I use it for random encounters, room contents, NPC backgrounds and entire scenarios. It gets bonus points for having genres that can be mixed freely.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads