D&D 5E New Campaign Idea

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yes a phylactery is a box with scriptures but there are lots of literary references of it being other objects such as gems or other items. Making a living person the phylactery might be a bit of a stretch but I should be allowed to a few creative licenses in a home brewed setting.

Call him a "horcrux" and nobody'd blink an eye.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Yes a phylactery is a box with scriptures but there are lots of literary references of it being other objects such as gems or other items. Making a living person the phylactery might be a bit of a stretch but I should be allowed to a few creative licenses in a home brewed setting.

Be prepared for a lot of Harry Potter Horcrux assumptions, for better or worse.

So Your choice whether to lean into those assumptions or to completely subvert them.

Edit: beaten by seconds!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using EN World mobile app

ryanlb3844

First Post
True Umbran, I was thinking more along the lines of your description of wizardly learning, I just felt it was easier and quicker to describe it as “schools”.

ryanlb3844

First Post
I am certainly hoping role playing comes from it Danny. I’m picturing some conversations between the player and the dracolich, probably mostly through dreams but I also want to let those dreams “bleed” over to the other players and trouble their dreams as well. Say the Dragonknight has dreams of flying and hunting creatures on the ground while other players will have nightmares of being hunted from an unseen flying creature. Should be fun if they decide to share their dream experiences.

Also so want to thank everyone again. The input has been great. I’m trying to not get too tripped up by my own misdoings plot-wise as this is my first attempt at dm’ing.

Remove ads