D&D General Man-kissing frog

abe ray

Explorer
I’m not entirely sure how to build this monster, however this gist is this: the frog is entirely female and can ONLY reproduce with humanoid males. It starts with planting a big wet kiss that charms the victim and they then go off for a tyst.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’m thinking mind-altering chemicals exuded from the amphibian’s skin- a la the Colorado River toad, a.k.a. the Sonoran Desert toad- might help the process along.

In addition, your description of the breeding process indicates to me your creatures may be distantly related to- or convergently evolving towards- slaad.

Red and blue slaadi reproduced by infecting living hosts. The red did so by implanting eggs beneath their victim's skin which grew into a blue slaad tadpole that ate the host from within. The blue infected the host with a lycanthropy-like disease called chaos phage that slowly transformed them into a red slaad.

abe ray

Explorer
What are some of the details that you were thinking about? What size is the frog? Is the frog able to polymorph or shape-change into a humanoid form? These kind of details.

The frog is unable to polymorph & is roughly the size of a human, it’s charm effect is strong enough to effect dwarfs if needed though they tend toward non-magic resistant creatures. They are prime material plane beasts naturally & defend there young VIOLENTLY if needed!

I’m not entirely sure how to build this monster, however this gist is this: the frog is entirely female and can ONLY reproduce with humanoid males. It starts with planting a big wet kiss that charms the victim and they then go Of for a tyst.
You can avoid some really unpleasant connotations by making the frog spawn things from its back like Gizmo from Gremlins when they leave to ‘Tryst.’

digitalelf

Explorer
The frog is unable to polymorph & is roughly the size of a human, it’s charm effect is strong enough to effect dwarfs if needed though they tend toward non-magic resistant creatures. They are prime material plane beasts naturally & defend there young VIOLENTLY if needed!

I like Dannyalcatraz's idea of using the Slaad for inspiration (though there are several real world creatures that do this as well). The female frog could lay her eggs inside the host. But instead of just laying her eggs and abandoning the host, the charm could remain intact until the eggs start to hatch, which would probably be the death of the host as the young either burst forth (e.g. Alien), or, for an even darker approach, eat their way out of the host's body.

You could either have the race of frogs have only females, or the males (being sterile) could be used as soldiers that defend the female's nest (if these frogs tend to be solitary creatures) or perhaps the males could be defenders of the entire colony.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases