Bad Movies You Liked

I won't say it underperformed in the box office, or that it was a bad movie, but it is certainly a movie that deserves better recognition.

Sneakers. Robert Redford, Sidney Poitier, River Phoenix, Dan Ackroyd, Mary McDonald, James Earl Jones, Ben Kingsley...yeah, some serious star power. It was fun, funny ("I want peace on Earth and good will toward men," and hearing James Earl Jones with his great and deep stentorian voice saying, "We are the United States Government...we don't do that sort of thing!"), and completely under-rated.

One more...a bad, cheesy movie that I absolutely loved...Krull. Didn't age well, though.

Watched this a ton back in the day, on a VHS taped from HBO, I think. I’m almost entirely indiscriminate in my enjoyment of 80s fantasy films. Even stuff like Deathstalker II and Red Sonja. About the only one I’ve come across that I truly hated was Thor the Conqueror.

So, I’ll put forward Deathstalker II. How can I not love a movie that started with the premise of “What if we replaced Conan the Barbarian with Bugs Bunny?”

Also, Silent Night Deadly Night. For their review Siskel and Ebert simply read the name of each person involved and intoned "shame" after each one.

Conan the Destroyer. I am not proud.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Sinister Squad

[video=youtube;C_QcAHiLS24]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_QcAHiLS24[/video]

an Asylum movie that ended up being better than the movie it was meant to parody/ripoff (which really indicatws just how bad Suicide Squad is imho). I think the difference with this movie is that it was actually intended to be cheap and the actors know its never going to be a great film, but they get in and have fun with it anyway.

(NB The asylum is an independent studio famous for is low budget Mockbuster parodies, best known being Sharknado and Z Nation)

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
"Legend" (the 1985 film with Tom Cruise, Mia Sara, and Tim Curry)
"The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension"
I wanted to say "Hansel and Gretal; Witch Hunters", but apparently it did pretty well financially.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases