D&D 5E Any news on the Eberron Hardcover books' release date?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Nothing yet.

I hope that it doesn’t have everything from Wayfinder’s Guide, because I’ll be very ticked off if they essentially make it so that I have to pay twice for the same stuff in order to get what’s new in this new product.

I also wonder if we if we will be getting an Eberron Starter Kit.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Nothing yet.

I hope that it doesn’t have everything from Wayfinder’s Guide, because I’ll be very ticked off if they essentially make it so that I have to pay twice for the same stuff in order to get what’s new in this new product.

I also wonder if we if we will be getting an Eberron Starter Kit.

The material that went through the UA process will almost certainly be repeated, but that came to like 20 pages over all.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Thats literally the primary content of an Eberron setting book.

Not really: the WGtE had a large page count that had nothing to do with the hand full of rules that will be repeated (else why playtest them?), such as RP flavor different races and campaign info for Sharn. The 3.X setting had loads of books that didn't repeat the handful of Race and Class options, and seemed to do fine. The core Races, the Dragonmark stuff, and the Artificer will be repeated: the extensive Sharn campagn material almost certainly not: monsters, and info for other parts of Eberron would be my expectation. But the WGtE was a playtest: what they playtested is bound to be repeated.

One big difference: new art, rather than precious edition leftovers.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
It's also possible that the rules content that appeared in Wayfinder's Guide will be tweaked for its release in the hardcover. Wayfinder's Guide is marked as playtest content, after all.

doctorbadwolf

Not really: the WGtE had a large page count that had nothing to do with the hand full of rules that will be repeated (else why playtest them?), such as RP flavor different races and campaign info for Sharn. The 3.X setting had loads of books that didn't repeat the handful of Race and Class options, and seemed to do fine. The core Races, the Dragonmark stuff, and the Artificer will be repeated: the extensive Sharn campagn material almost certainly not: monsters, and info for other parts of Eberron would be my expectation. But the WGtE was a playtest: what they playtested is bound to be repeated.

One big difference: new art, rather than precious edition leftovers.

If the WGTE “was a playtest”, wotc did something extremely dishonest with its release. You know people payed for it, right?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It's also possible that the rules content that appeared in Wayfinder's Guide will be tweaked for its release in the hardcover. Wayfinder's Guide is marked as playtest content, after all.

For sure: though they have promised to update the WGtE, including a final PoD version, to be a companion to the hardcover book.

doctorbadwolf

Unless the Wayfinders Guide is updated with those tweaks, this would be absolutely unacceptable.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
If the WGTE “was a playtest”, wotc did something extremely dishonest with its release. You know people payed for it, right?
It says it's playtest content, both in the book itself and in its dndbeyond description, so I don't see how it's in any way dishonest.

Unless the Wayfinders Guide is updated with those tweaks, this would be absolutely unacceptable.
I don't agree, but like Parmandur said, WotC has promised to do exactly that.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases