ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game, The Cinematic Starter Kit (Free League)

Mortus

Explorer
5 out of 5 rating for ALIEN: The Roleplaying Game, The Cinematic Starter Kit (Free League)

I recently ran the included adventure, Chariot of the Gods, after purchasing my pre-order of the game and getting the preview PDF. Three of my regular play group’s members participated. We had a total blast. Some highlights:

*Each PC gets a Personal Agenda for each of the three Acts of the scenario. These were awesome and as you can imagine this led to all manner of fun conflicts just like the movies.

*In the five hours of play, we had like four or five combats. Deadly, quick, exciting, they were just like the movies. The Panic and Stress rules really helped add that cinematic feel. Also, the enemies’ had Signature Attacks were a riot.

*The streamlined rules got out of the way and encouraged great role-play.

*One player went through five characters dying, but still had a great time.

The adventure is set up with a menu of events (some mandatory) for each Act. In five hours, we played all the mandatory events and one optional one. If we had the time, we could have played this adventure for like three sessions!

Overall, this was an amazing experience at the game table. I can’t wait to get the full game in December.

Thanks for reading and good gaming!

Remove ads