RPGNow order problem on Taverner's Trusty Tome

Iron_Chef

First Post
RPGNow lists ENWorld's TAVERNER'S TRUSTY TOME for $2.50 on sale, but when I try to buy it, the price jumps to $5.00. I put an email in to them (haven't heard back), but thought you guys should know about this, as you may have a more direct line of communication to them than I do.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
That's odd.

Does the same thing happen if you add two products to your cart (the Tome and one other product worth at least $2.50)?

The minimum order @ RPGnow is $5 (well, $4.95)

twistnack

Explorer
Iron_Chef said:
RPGNow lists ENWorld's TAVERNER'S TRUSTY TOME for $2.50 on sale, but when I try to buy it, the price jumps to $5.00. I put an email in to them (haven't heard back), but thought you guys should know about this, as you may have a more direct line of communication to them than I do.

Because of the way RPGNow handles money they have to charge at lease $5.00 for any purchase. For the normal price buy something else so your total is $5.00 or more. It's kind of a pain that's why you don't see a lot of pdf priced below $5.00.

Of course if the book's free then you don't have this problem either.

Edit: HellHound ended up posting a better answer while I was writing this. Darn. :(

Last edited:

Iron_Chef

First Post
At first I couldn't complete the order, then I added a couple other products to get my total to over $5. Checkout was enabled, but then the price magically doubled on Taverner's Trusty Tome at the order confirmation screen, making my order closer to $8. I did not have two copies of the book in my cart. I don't want to pay $5 for this book when it's clearly advertised as being $2.50 on their site. Their email response wasn't helpful at all:

"Are you using a coupon number? YOU may have to us the special link
after you login. I think there is a bug in the system. If that's not
the case, maybe it's that you have 2 of the items in your cart? Try
removing it and ading it just once. James" :rolleyes:

I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of this book... I was more interested in the "running inns and taverns" section than drinks and drinking rules. I hope it isn't just a couple pages and is actually fairly detailed but easy to use, as my character is the son of an innkeeper and stands to inherit the family inn. Knowing how to run it even before I take over would be helpful, plus he's thinking of buying a tavern. We're doing a city based campaign and so running the business won't interfere so much with my adventuring.

Last edited:

Iron_Chef

First Post
I just tried buying it again, but upon checkout, the price of THE
TAVERNER'S TRUSTY TOME skyrocketed up to $7.50, more than the original $6.95 price, and $5.00 more than the advertised sale price. There must be a bug in their system that is randomly assigning prices to this pdf on checkout! :mad:

Last edited:

Iron_Chef

First Post
Iron_Chef said:
I just tried buying it again, but upon checkout, the price of THE
TAVERNER'S TRUSTY TOME skyrocketed up to $7.50, more than the original $6.95 price, and $5.00 more than the advertised sale price. There must be a bug in their system that is randomly assigning prices to this pdf on checkout! :mad:

My third attempt to buy several items caused two of three three items (FEATS, VOL. 1 and LOCUS: GROUP FEATS) to randomly increase in price by $1-2 (this time, THE TAVERNER'S TRUSTY TOME did not jump in price past $2.50). They seem to have a major bug in your system that is randomly increasing the prices of ALL their items (not every item in every order, but multiple items caused price increases in three out of four order attempts)!

I was able to finally get my order processed on my FOURTH ATTEMPT (LOL) without the price bumps, but most customers would have given up long ago. They better get that fixed fast!!! :eek:

Remove ads