[OT] New G.I. Joe CGI commercial

I had the opposite reaction when I saw a GI Joe (CGI, not sure if it the same one posted) on TV. It was extremely stiff and the compositions of the shots were kind of... lame. It was overly dramatic to the point of making it cheesy and not dramatic in an impact-ful way. Nostalgia only takes me so far. The work on Roughnecks was much better to me and that was under extreme time pressures and a couple of years ago.

My opinion of course. :b

beta-ray said:
I had the opposite reaction when I saw a GI Joe (CGI, not sure if it the same one posted) on TV. It was extremely stiff and the compositions of the shots were kind of... lame. It was overly dramatic to the point of making it cheesy and not dramatic in an impact-ful way. Nostalgia only takes me so far. The work on Roughnecks was much better to me and that was under extreme time pressures and a couple of years ago.

My opinion of course. :b

Off topic a bit, but when you say "Roughnecks," you're talking about Starship Troopers, the CGI series? Was that ever completed, or does it end with the....

*** SPOILERS ***

with the demise of Razcak?

*** SPOILERS ***

PenguinKing

First Post
I don't see what's so bad about it. It's not so much that they move stiffly, as I see it, but that they move like Saturday morning cartoon characters - watch the facial expressions; those are cartoonish faces, not realistic faces. Ain't that kinda the point? ;)

- Sir Bob.

P.S. Nih!

Ranger REG

Explorer
Well, it's like Max Steel and Action Man. Both CGI, but Action Man is more animated, while Max Steel is stiff like Barbie Dolls.

BTW, is this a promo to a new toy line, or will there actually be a new GI Joe animated series? If the latter, which network will it air on?

Here's a thought from an anti-TCG, why not introduce GI Joe TCG?

Thornhammer

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Well, it's like Max Steel and Action Man. Both CGI, but Action Man is more animated, while Max Steel is stiff like Barbie Dolls.

BTW, is this a promo to a new toy line, or will there actually be a new GI Joe animated series? If the latter, which network will it air on?

Hasbro recently brought back the small Joes in two-packs, one Joe and one Cobra. They also released 12" versions of some of the Real American Hero stuff, like Duke and Firefly. There is definitely a resurgence of RAH. I don't know if they are preparing a new show or not, but I'd like to see the theme song from GI Joe: The Movie used.

After seeing the commercial, my guess is that it is just promoting the toys. We can always hope, though.

-Thornhammer

I dunno sir bob, if they intended it to be cartoony, my feeling is that they should have done it either 2-D or cel shaded. The juxtaposition of the different elements in the commercial did not work for me. Besides, what I really commented on was the type of shots they made. Very uninspiring.

GI Joe is currently experiencing a revival. New figures, new comic... I believe I read in an article somewhere that they were thinking of a series but I can't remember where I read it and it wasn't confirmed anyway. Similar things are happening for the Transformers which are further along with new toys, comics and a show in the works.

And regarding Roughnecks... yes I was referring to Roughnecks: Starship Trooper Chronicles. I bought the DVDs (they are GREAT by the way)...
*Spoilers follow*

There were either one or a couple of shows aired AFTER Raczack's death... AND there were plans for 3 episodes that NEVER were produced that were to end the series. The filmmaker's commentary on the DVD encourages people to buy the DVDs and write to Sony to request that the show be finished! :)

Roughnecks, G.I. Joe, & Transformers D20 anyone? ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases