[Silverthorne Games] - Book of Templates - What Changed?

Psion

Adventurer
I recently got an update for the Book of Templates from RPGnow, but there seems to be no summary in the PDF or on the website about what got revised. You wanna clue me in here? ;)

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Psion said:
I recently got an update for the Book of Templates from RPGnow, but there seems to be no summary in the PDF or on the website about what got revised. You wanna clue me in here? ;)

<insert "I am with Stupid" emoticon>

Frilf

Explorer
Psion said:

Did I forget the summary this time? Sheesh!

The updates are very minor, to say the least. The most major changes: there is an updated Table of Contents (featuring every template in the book with page number) and there are now bookmarks in the printer-friendly version. Some other minor tweaks appear throughout the book, but they are nothing to write home about (mostly spelling/punctuation/layout tweaks). No need to re-print the entire book, either. Just the new TOC if you like.

Sorry for the confusion!

Ian

CSB046

First Post
Frilf said:
No need to re-print the entire book, either. Just the new TOC if you like.

Glad to hear it! After owning the book since the day it came out (first PDF I ever bought, in fact), I finally broke down and printed it on Sunday. Then I got the update message Monday night.

Made me think I was the king of bad timing! (Guess now I'm back to just being a peasant.)

Frilf

Explorer
Sorry about the bad timing, CSB. That stinks :(

As for Voadam and knight_isa's questions: if you didn't receive the update, it's because it was sent to the purchasers of the BoT-DE only. Everyone that got the free update from the original BoT will be waiting on this update until I can figure a way around RPG Now's system.

We could charge a small "registration" fee (say, $1), and send a coupon to everyone so they could buy the Deluxe Edition that way and be up to speed. However, we don't want to anger anyone who wanted a free upgrade from the original product. In other words, we don't want to appear to be scamming for extra money. This would just be one possible method of keep everyone "in the loop" for future updates, etc. However, we are slow to do this because of how it might be perceived. We like our good rep! :)

Any solutions to this dilemma would be greatly appreciated. Any ideas?

Ian

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Frilf said:
Sorry about the bad timing, CSB. That stinks :(

As for Voadam and knight_isa's questions: if you didn't receive the update, it's because it was sent to the purchasers of the BoT-DE only. Everyone that got the free update from the original BoT will be waiting on this update until I can figure a way around RPG Now's system.

We could charge a small "registration" fee (say, $1), and send a coupon to everyone so they could buy the Deluxe Edition that way and be up to speed. However, we don't want to anger anyone who wanted a free upgrade from the original product. In other words, we don't want to appear to be scamming for extra money. This would just be one possible method of keep everyone "in the loop" for future updates, etc. However, we are slow to do this because of how it might be perceived. We like our good rep! :)

Any solutions to this dilemma would be greatly appreciated. Any ideas?

Ian

If you have the email list for the free upgrades you could send them out to those addresses as free review copies.

Remove ads