Starter Packs for Harbringer Series Better Buy than Booster Packs?

dreaded_beast

First Post
If you are collecting the Harbringer series of DND minis, why buy the Booster Packs when the Starter Pack would be a better buy, in my opinion?

For instance, at the FLGS:

Starter Pack: $19.99 - 16 Minis, Battle Grid, 20-Sided Die, Skirmish Rules, Tiles
Booster Pack: $9.99 - 8 Minis (Never bought one, but assume that's all it contains)

Now, why not just buy Starter Packs instead of Boosters?

You get the same amount of minis in a Starter as if you bought 2 Boosters, plus all the other stuff that comes in a Starter.

Liolel

First Post
The answer is very simple. With two boosters you get 2 rares, 6 uncommons, and 8 commons. With 1 booster pack you get 1 rare, 5 uncommons, and 10 commons. So unless your are trying to full your common collection the booster packs are a better buy.

Taelorn76

First Post
Liolel said:
The answer is very simple. With two boosters you get 2 rares, 6 uncommons, and 8 commons. With 1 booster pack you get 1 rare, 5 uncommons, and 10 commons. So unless your are trying to full your common collection the booster packs are a better buy.

I think you meant with 1 starter pack you get 1 Rare..... right?

Anyways
The boosters are a better deal you will get 2 rares instead of 1. Also why do you need all those tiles and rule books lying around. The tiles are all the same in each starter you buy.

Last edited:

dreaded_beast

First Post
Ah! Thanks for the info!

I like getting extra stuff. I guess I'm the type that can never have too many rulebooks or "game accessories" lying around, hehe.

Kesh

First Post
Hm. I thought the tiles were somewhat randomized as well?

Ah well. I got a Wraith in the second starter (which I just bought today), so I'm happy with that one rare in the set. ;)

Remove ads