Lights, Camera, Action (Points)!

Hardhead

Explorer
So, Action Points are going to be in Eberron, and we've seen (roughly) what they do in Unearthed Arcana. We know some stuff has changed since then (it now costs two action points to use an X/day ability again) but overall I'm betting there's not going to be much difference.

Now, in UA we see that a character gets 5 + 1/2 their level in action points every level (and they don't accumulate, so you need to spend 'em before you level).

Now, for those that remember, Wizards put out a sci-fi RPG once called Alternity, which used the same six stats that D&D uses. They had Hero Points there, and it was roughly the same thing. Now, in Alternity, you got Hero Points based off of your Charisma, and that got me thinking, why not do the same for D&D? It makes charisma a not-automatic dump stat, because it gives everyone a reason to have at least a decent charisma (like they have at least *some* reason for a decent everything else).

I'm thinking a formula more like 4 + CHA mod + 1/2 character level instead. Maybe 3 instead of 4. What is everyone's thoughts on this? Is there any good reason not to do it?

FireLance

Legend
I don't have a problem with that. It's quite similar to a house rule I currently have (AP = 5 + 1/2 level + Cha modifier, cap at level + Cha). There have been a few reactions to that house rule in this thread.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases