Really great dice?

haiiro

First Post
I actually can't stand Gamescience dice, with the exception of their d100. They look cheap, they don't feel right in my hand, and they aren't very attractive.

I generally go with Chessex dice -- they have loads of options, they're always coming up with new colors and patterns, and they feel right. Overall, they're the nicest dice I've seen.

I'm also partial to Armory, as they make nice dice and offer a wide assortment of strange ones (poker dice, d6s with US states instead of 1s, etc.).

Mac V

First Post
Gamescience

I love these dice. They are so old school! My first set looked just like them. I bought a set at Gen Con last year. I actually had to fill in the numbers with a crayon. Did that bring back memories!

Last edited:

StellarDisciple

First Post
I actually have some d6's that I picked up at the Galeries Lafayette in Paris while I was there. They both look awesome, and roll very nicely when it counts. :)

Zander

Explorer
Wolfix said:
Got any advice where to get/order dice that look good & roll well? I heard that www.gamescience.com has cool ones, but I would like to hear your tips/advice on getting great dice!
Wolfix,
Try posting your question at The Dice Maniacs' Club. Among the members are the person with the largest dice collection in the world, as well as a member who wrote Oog in Oog, the only book on dice that I know of that's in Dutch. The URL is:

http://groups.msn.com/DiceManiacsClubakaTheRandomFandom

Last edited:

The Madhatter

First Post
I've had Gamescience dice since I was ten. They are lighter than Chessex/koplow/armory but they have sharp edges! I like the "filling in with a crayon" aspect since I can change colors to suit the campaign, but I keep the same old warrior dice.

Deadguy

First Post
I'll chime in as another fan of Chessex dice. I recently bought a few sets more just to fill up my metal dice box. (Actually this was so it would be easier to find any specific die when playing Earthdawn which uses all the dice pretty much all the time! - did it help? Nope. The d4's still migrate to the bottom!)

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
Huge dice.

I was very generously bought a set of metal dice by one of my players.

Then 3 months later I got a set of the inch-high jobs.

The poor metal dice have barely come out of their bag since!

(Especially 'coz I'm the sort of rotten DM who likes to roll in the open, and big dice make it a lot easier to read).

Remove ads