Stargate/Animorphs parallels

PhoenixDarkDirk

First Post
I've noticed similarities between several groups from these series.

Goa'uld/Yeerk: Small body-stealing aliens.
Asgard/Andalite: Main nonhuman enemy of body stealers.
Tok'ra/Yeerk Peace Movement: Body stealer renegade faction, only takes willing hosts.
Jaffa/Hork-Bajir: Common soldiers of body stealers.
SG-1/Animorphs: Secret human team opposing body stealers, one alien.
Nox/Chee: Peaceful human allies, good at hiding.

There are also things with no proper counterpart in the other series, like SGC or The Sharing.

I'd like to know what others think of this.

LightPhoenix

First Post
PhoenixDarkDirk said:
Nox/Chee: Peaceful human allies, good at hiding.
Anal retentive note, the Nox aren't allies of the Humans particularly. They're allies with the Asgard though, as well as the Ancients, who may or may not have been human... it's kind of hazy. Either way, they're not true allies of the Humans, despite SG-1 helping them out. Certainly not allies in the way the Tok'ra are, or even the Asgard.

Funny, I had thought about this before too...though some things stick out a bit more than others, of course. And the Nox weren't exactly allies as much as people that will help out when they feel it should be done.

Dirigible

Explorer
You mean there's a simliarity between two stories about body-controlling aliens?

Someone call Heinlein. He's gonna be steamed.

Rackhir

Explorer
Dirigible said:
You mean there's a simliarity between two stories about body-controlling aliens?

Someone call Heinlein. He's gonna be steamed.

I think he was cremated not steamed. So if you want to contact him you'll need to get in touch with John Edwards or Penn and Teller. They could fake it for you just as well if not better than Edwards.

Rackhir said:
I think he was cremated not steamed. So if you want to contact him you'll need to get in touch with John Edwards or Penn and Teller. They could fake it for you just as well if not better than Edwards.
...and it'd be more entertaining!

Remove ads