Vampire baddies and their bosses

Laruuk

First Post
Changes to Vampires in my campaign world - Same as MM with the exception that Sunlight does not destroy them, only weakens them. -4 to attack and damage rolls, resistance to turning bonus is negated by sunlight, and their level drain attack only works at night.

Here's the situation.

My group has found/recovered the 'Amulet of Stars'. This is basically an amulet that has the ability to cast 'darkness' 3/day as a 8th level Sorceror.

Luthur, a legendary fighter turned vamp, wants it. (He was a 5th level fighter.) My group (4th level) has faced him and got their butts handed to them before narrowly defeating Luthur. Eventually, they will find and destroy Luthur and his spawn. This should only take a couple of adventures and I am stuck with what to do after that. Who/what would Luthur be working for?

I'm thinking of a 'master' vampire.

As you can tell, I have a slight vampire fetish, but am willing to forego this. Just need suggestions.

Thanks!!

Laruuk

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I have been thinking of Vampism as more of a prestige class, anyone killed by blood drain attack that exp points to the vampire class, each level gives great abilities or things like sun resistance.

I would say a cult, greater master vampire or demon. You could also have the players find out about the secret world of the vampires.

Crothian

First Post
Tsunami said:
Wasn't there was vampire prestige class in the last October Dragon Magazine?

Yes there is. It's very cool. I'd try to find that as it seems to be what you are looking for.

BlackJaw

First Post
The Vampire PRC class in that dragon is written by Monte Cook, and mostly focuses on a Blood Pool (something like that) and the vampire gets a bunch of difrent powers by using up "drain points of CON and levels".

Most of the powers are for spellcasting purposes, although a few are for spell-like powers of the vampire etc.

cool class.

telepox

First Post
Laruuk said:
Changes to Vampires in my campaign world - Same as MM with the exception that Sunlight does not destroy them, only weakens them. -4 to attack and damage rolls, resistance to turning bonus is negated by sunlight, and their level drain attack only works at night.

I'd make them even weaker in direct sunlight.

Remove ads