Buying Books from the UK

mmadsen

First Post
In the past, I've bought books (like the Fantasy Masterworks, which were available in the UK but not the US) from Amazon UK, but I just realized that they upped their shipping ("delivery") rates significantly, to four pounds per delivery plus three pounds per book.

Then I checked Amazon Canada, because they sometimes carry British versions of books (like the Harry Potters), and their shipping rates have become outrageous too -- eight dollars (Canadian) per shipment plus two dollars per book.

What happened?

So, does anyone have any recommendations for buying British books from the US?

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
I'd contact one of my friends in england or canada then ask and give them money to buy and ship the book to me, but that may not be the best idea.

mmadsen

First Post
Crothian said:
I'd contact one of my friends in england or canada then ask and give them money to buy and ship the book to me, but that may not be the best idea.
Perhaps next year's vacation will be to the UK and Ireland...

Seriously, has anyone been able to buy books from overseas without paying so much for shipping? I noticed that even the "cheap" shipping from Amazon UK is by air. I wouldn't mind waiting a few weeks if it would cost less.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases