House ruling Irresistable dance

Majere

First Post
Im thinkig of house ruling irresistable dance.
At high level losing all actions for two rounds (minimum) is going to kill you. I dont want to be reduced to teaching the party this by having two spell casters cast irresistable dance: One on the cleric and one on the mage, and then TPKing them but 2 rounds without any magic will kill the party at level 16, and the spells could be cast repeated times.

Very few pcs have spell resistance, so I was thinking of addding a will save to the spell.

Any comments ?

Anabstercorian

First Post
So, now it's Otto's Resistible Dance? Bleah. Accept the horrific power of the spell, sigh, and move on. Your players' characters will adapt or die.

Doctor Bomb

First Post
I have to agree. Bring them low first with a mid-level mage, and their armor and saves alone should keep them alive long enough to learn why their enemies always target the spellcasters first.

Malin Genie

First Post
The only problem I have with the spell is when combined with Arcane (or Divine) Reach abilities. The spell as written is balanced by the fact that it's a touch attack, so you have to get near (and hit) the opponent. With A/DR added, that balancing factor is removed.

Still, I have to wonder if I'd prefer to get hit by an Irresistible Dance or a Harm spell, if given a choice...

Remove ads